Tactics/Strategy help. Answering your questions.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Land invasion as sea player. Is it viable in my situation?

Postby ExpendableClown » 22 Oct 2016, 10:02

Setup: I'm at rock slot.UEF. At about 3min mark i fly out t1 transport with 4-5 engies. 2 on island , 2 on that piece of coast with 3 mexes at beach side. Engies at opposing coast build 3-4 factories and claim 3 mexes.

In first such case i was able to produce some t1 spam, kill 2-3 mexes of sea and air player , then died to t1 bombers from air and land t1 spam from opposing sea player. And sea war proceeded as normal.
In second case i built 10 t1 aa , scattered them arond , 2 t1pd and succesfully fended off bombers and t1 spam. Even upgraded facs to t2 and produced about 8 t2 units (2 aa , shield , some riptides). Succesfully killed 3-4 mexes , lots of clumped t1 pgens of opposing sea player , some gunships , lots of bombers , some t1 attacking units , and few t2. Then invasion died to overwhelming combination of t2 and t1 spam supported by gunships from air player.
I blame both loses on the fact i tried to build navy and t2 pgens at my main base.

Maybe (maybe! ) i should stop all other mass spending and pour all in this outpost ? Is it viable or i just inevitably donate opposing sea player mass ?

Theoretically , it should work. I have 13 + 5 +3 = 21 mexes vs 10 of opposing sea player. But then he has help of his team. Probably. Is it viable , to pour all mass into that expansion ? Or i should treat this early succes as temporary , only good for denying opposing sea these 3 mexes for some time? What is tacticians and strategists opinion of that?
ExpendableClown
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Honkin_Plague

Whats the philosophy of spamming

Postby Masyaka » 22 Oct 2016, 13:40

As a logic of not ugprading mexes to make better spam i was loosing to a cyb spammer, that was always having incrasing spam and i couldnt defeat him (was playing sera). Only that was saving me is my ACU that i made have dual gun upgrade. What should i do if enemy begins to outspam me no matter what?
Masyaka
Priest

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Rok-Weiler

Re: Land invasion as sea player. Is it viable in my situatio

Postby Petricpwnz » 22 Oct 2016, 14:21

ExpendableClown wrote:Setup: I'm at rock slot.UEF. At about 3min mark i fly out t1 transport with 4-5 engies. 2 on island , 2 on that piece of coast with 3 mexes at beach side. Engies at opposing coast build 3-4 factories and claim 3 mexes.

In first such case i was able to produce some t1 spam, kill 2-3 mexes of sea and air player , then died to t1 bombers from air and land t1 spam from opposing sea player. And sea war proceeded as normal.
In second case i built 10 t1 aa , scattered them arond , 2 t1pd and succesfully fended off bombers and t1 spam. Even upgraded facs to t2 and produced about 8 t2 units (2 aa , shield , some riptides). Succesfully killed 3-4 mexes , lots of clumped t1 pgens of opposing sea player , some gunships , lots of bombers , some t1 attacking units , and few t2. Then invasion died to overwhelming combination of t2 and t1 spam supported by gunships from air player.
I blame both loses on the fact i tried to build navy and t2 pgens at my main base.

Maybe (maybe! ) i should stop all other mass spending and pour all in this outpost ? Is it viable or i just inevitably donate opposing sea player mass ?

Theoretically , it should work. I have 13 + 5 +3 = 21 mexes vs 10 of opposing sea player. But then he has help of his team. Probably. Is it viable , to pour all mass into that expansion ? Or i should treat this early succes as temporary , only good for denying opposing sea these 3 mexes for some time? What is tacticians and strategists opinion of that?

The general concept is to cause as much havoc as possible with as little investment as possible. An early enough drop should be able to survive on ~2 pds and ~2 aa + a few factories, you can try to do a heavy investment and try to kill as much eco as possible but its not so easy if enemy team is aware of whats going on, for an agressive approach like that to work you would need help of your air player and maybe to follow up this drop with your own comdrop later or any other agressive strategy, like naval rush etc.
Otherwise its wiser to build minimum infrastructure necessary to hold the position and be annoying.
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Re: Whats the philosophy of spamming

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 22 Oct 2016, 15:24

Masyaka wrote:What should i do if enemy begins to outspam me no matter what?

spam more. From the start you need many factories. Use the adjacency bonus that's often present on starting locations and build several (4-6) factories there.
All maps have reclaim at the start. Attack move engies on the trees/stones out of a factory and there's your extra mass.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Masyaka » 22 Oct 2016, 15:28

Lich King wrote:

spam more. From the start you need many factories. Use the adjacency bonus that's often present on starting locations and build several (4-6) factories there.
All maps have reclaim at the start. Attack move engies on the trees/stones out of a factory and there's your extra mass.

i've had 6+ factories but he still was outspamming me. I died to enemy chickens and a strat later then when the spamwar has gone too far.
Masyaka
Priest

Postby Darth_Google » 22 Oct 2016, 18:35

Masyaka wrote:
Lich King wrote:

i've had 6+ factories but he still was outspamming me. I died to enemy chickens and a strat later then when the spamwar has gone too far.

Replay please
A useful guide for a newer players that i find a great success following to.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=13336
Darth_Google

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Darth_Google

Re: Tactics/Strategy help. Answering your questions.

Postby Masyaka » 22 Oct 2016, 18:44

I died to enemy strat and chickens later then.
Attachments
5312121-Blodimir.fafreplay
have fun
(239.61 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Masyaka
Priest

Postby Masyaka » 23 Oct 2016, 09:20

3 strats at 15 min how to kill if had no T3
Masyaka
Priest

Postby PhilipJFry » 23 Oct 2016, 09:31

This is probably the most badass as well as most micro intensive way to deal with strats.
Spamming t1 static aa + shields close to the stuff you want to protect from air is a good way to fend off strats until you can get t3 and sams.
Spoiler: show
sry for soiling your thread petric i just couldn't resist
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Exotic_Retard » 23 Oct 2016, 12:23

queue lines of t1aa then show them your moves

Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

PreviousNext

Return to Tactics/strategy help