Tactics/Strategy help. Answering your questions.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Tactics/Strategy help. Answering your questions.

Postby Masyaka » 19 Oct 2016, 13:43

Lich King wrote:
Masyaka wrote:I use tons of engineers to tech mexes when theres close enough of mass in storages. And then upgrade them all.

Do you still wonder how you lose? 10x10 and 5x5 are not about teching mexes/facs (well, maybe a bit), they are about out-spamming your foe and winning with superior tactics.
Masyaka wrote:T1 sucks vs. T2

In equal numbers and mass for mass - yes. But lone T2 units, swarmed by T1 spam, are doomed.

1)5x5 and 10x10 maps are small and mostly have no multi-ways to overrun enemy spam
2)You really think i make an obsidian and then send it to kill 1 mantis and then die of cancer? Why should i?

You were asking questions to me, biass was also answering them. Stop this war, i play how i want and not going to follow some spamlord's advices if i dont want to ask how to accept someone's invitaion to a floodwar and then die to pillars flood.
Masyaka
Priest

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Rok-Weiler

Postby TheKoopa » 19 Oct 2016, 13:53

Then you will lose.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Masyaka » 19 Oct 2016, 14:13

TheKoopa wrote:Then you will lose.

Probably to a floodlord like you, i will. But most times i get blazes/shields and your spam becomes mass fields. Also, T2 PD forces you to go T2 for rockets or just spam even harder or loose, what are you going to do with your poor T1 mexes?

P.S. pls stop arguing wth a player who plays different playstyle. 900 mass is tons of tanks, yes, but it also makes you flood even intensively than you could without that upgrade. Overflooding opponent is mostly possible without upgrades, but if he dont want to flood, he gets some T2 PD with T1 with it and your spam becomes trash that you can use only for reclaim.
Masyaka
Priest

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Rok-Weiler

Postby TheKoopa » 19 Oct 2016, 14:21

Why not 1v1 me then ))
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Petricpwnz » 19 Oct 2016, 17:50

How about stop flooding this thread? Reading this kinda shit is the prime reason I'm not really motivated to give more explicit and frequent advices.
You can have your "different playstyle" but this playstyle needs to be just a group of your preferences and ideas, not bad habits left from being stubborn and not judging your gameplay soberly. If you get overrun by t1 that means your "playstyle" is full of vulnerabilities which opponent abuses. It's indeed satisfying to prove your own playstyle being dominant over some other playstyle you dont like, but for that you firstly need efficient macro and secondly calmly embrace the strategies you dont like and evaluate how much of your playstyle you need to sacrifice to stop losing.
Spoiler: show
And when you get really good you can just try random meta deviations that opponent won't expect to get that "satisfaction" of winning with your own idea and style, to me thats the best thing about competitive play
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 19 Oct 2016, 23:36

Masyaka wrote:
TheKoopa wrote:Then you will lose.

Probably to a floodlord like you

no, you'll lose to anyone who does 20 T1 tanks instead of 1 T2 mex on small maps.
Masyaka wrote:pls stop arguing wth a player who plays different playstyle.
That play style of yours loses you games. If you still fail to realize the faultiness of it, despite multiple people telling you multiple times that you need units and not eco on small maps... then the problem is not poor advice, it's you not adapting.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Evan_ » 19 Oct 2016, 23:49

Quick question, if I'm going for ras and running out of power reserves, is it better to just bite the bullet and power stall by several thousand for about 20 seconds Or should I keep pausing and unpausing it?
Evan_

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: Evan_

Postby Exotic_Retard » 19 Oct 2016, 23:59

always better to pause and unpause.

as a rule never stall e since you lose shields and radar and stealth in that time.

more importantly your mexes start to generate less mass so you get less mass too.
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Vanguard » 20 Oct 2016, 09:02

EvanGalea wrote:Quick question, if I'm going for ras and running out of power reserves, is it better to just bite the bullet and power stall by several thousand for about 20 seconds Or should I keep pausing and unpausing it?

In addition to exotic´s answer: You can simply pause your ACU and use a T1 Engineer to assist. Each T1 engineer will add to the construction at about 500 energy per second. That´s easier in most cases than to micro the upgrade on/off.
Vanguard

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Vanguard

Postby Voodoo » 20 Oct 2016, 14:56

Please listen to Petricpwnz and stop flooding this thread.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

PreviousNext

Return to Tactics/strategy help