Strategy on Tag Craftious Maximus

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Strategy on Tag Craftious Maximus

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 30 Dec 2017, 23:40

Hello all,
I've had a couple bad ladder matches, both on Tag Craftious Maximus. I know I played badly but I am not sure how to play on Tag in general. Can y'all give me some advice?
Attachments
7261968-ErichvonManstein.fafreplay
(51.54 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
7262468-ErichvonManstein.fafreplay
(35.07 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Re: Strategy on Tag Craftious Maximus

Postby biass » 31 Dec 2017, 03:50

You still have issues with things we already talked about in the FAF discord
Your ACU, etc stay idle and you overflow copious amounts of mass and energy (at the same time)
https://imgur.com/a/jsdWE

I assume this is because you are doing other things like manual reclaim spam, unit micro, or spamming chat, be sure to get other things queued first before you sink your time into stuff like that

I wouldn't bother trying to think up some complicated "strategy" for the specific map because you need this stuff first - you already get that you need navy, etc
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 31 Dec 2017, 04:13

Yes, that happens sometimes... I guess I need to give out build orders first and then continue the manual reclaim.

I suppose training games against clanmates or PTs will help or if I cannot find a sparring partner, replays.

From a recent game of Heaven vs. Turbo2, I got heaven's start where he makes lfac as far away as possible, 2 pgens, 4 core mex, and 3rd engy makes hydro. 1st and 2nd go expand. That way he had enough mass AND energy, unlike Turbo, who stalled the former. ACU goes down or up to the next 3 mex expansion and makes facs there to make more units.

My mod:
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Postby biass » 31 Dec 2017, 05:11

Erich von Manstein wrote:From a recent game of Heaven vs. Turbo2, I got heaven's start where he makes lfac as far away as possible, 2 pgens, 4 core mex, and 3rd engy makes hydro. 1st and 2nd go expand. That way he had enough mass AND energy, unlike Turbo, who stalled the former. ACU goes down or up to the next 3 mex expansion and makes facs there to make more units.

w-what? if you tried to take his bo you didn't do anything close to that at all, at least in the first game
at least the dude who stalled made something, stalling is far better then double overflow imo

don't focus on your bo, focus on making sure you're making something
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Evan_ » 31 Dec 2017, 08:03

my strategy for TCM:

Draw a line of pgens to scale it up gradually, 2 engineers at first and maybe 3 later. You can steal pgen templates from proxyvictim if you want.

Plop down some rings of factories around mexes, 3 engies seems right to me.

Other engies can expand, but keep a good amount of buildpower in your base for when you tech up.

eventually your power will catch up to you, with 9k in the bank and +100e you can get cool stuff like t2 air, mobile shields, or a commander upgrade.

oh and don't forget to grab the islands, those are good.
Evan_

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: Evan_

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 31 Dec 2017, 19:49

biass wrote:w-what? if you tried to take his bo you didn't do anything close to that at all, at least in the first game
at least the dude who stalled made something, stalling is far better then double overflow imo

I watched that replay after losing the two games, so I was considering expansion strats that I could use

My mod:
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Return to Tactics/strategy help