Crag dunes - I just can't beat AiX adaptive.

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Crag dunes - I just can't beat AiX adaptive.

Postby RocketRooster » 05 Mar 2017, 18:55

So, not a FAF topic as such, but I could use some pointers if you have any to spare.

Bog standard retail FA, no mods except 2X resources and no fog of war. The adaptive AI always appears to select rush for this map.

I keep seeing my arse six love while playing cybran. I have tried everything. Early bomber to knock his engies - the AI has two or three inties out by the time I even have a bomber on the way. If it doesn't go for early air, I can't take out its build power fast enough to stop it building rail guns or MAA.

I have tried combat scouts to do the same - the AI simply spams up T1 tanks too fast for it to work, and I have tried many times.

I have tried turtling by blocking off the two passes on either side, engies on the right and my com on the left. This helps delay the initial T1 spam but unless I manage to get a double wall going, the enemy spam bumps its units across the wall.

Even so, after a while engies come and reclaim the wall. The only way to stop this is to build T2 PD out of range of the T1 arty and tank spam amassing on the far side in order to keep engies away. But this is defeated by T3 arty in no time. Protecting it with shields doesn't help for long, the AiX spams up T3 arty at an alarming rate and that is the end of that. Or, If I do manage to get a solid emplacement going, the fucking computer is knocking at my door with strats and I'm barely out the T2 starting blocks.

I am ecoing as well as I can, don't stall much at all, that is not the issue at all.

I can beat it easily with the infinite resources mod, but that's just no fun.

If any of you experts here can do it (and I know some of you can), please put up a replay for me to download here (not FAF vault, please) so I can have a gander at how it's done. Standard retail FA, please.

Thanks a million!
Ryan
RocketRooster

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: RocketRooster

Re: Crag dunes - I just can't beat AiX adaptive.

Postby RocketRooster » 05 Mar 2017, 20:08

Thanks for all the excellent advice, fellers. I managed it with early bomber, the aix spammed land but no air fac, and - switched tactics by targeting his pgens instead of his engies. Easy peasy sub 9 minute victory.

My life is hollow now.
RocketRooster

Re: Crag dunes - I just can't beat AiX adaptive.

Postby RocketRooster » 05 Mar 2017, 20:31

Right. Did it a few times in a row now. Power denial is key to victory regardless of whether the AI builds inties or mobile aa or not.
RocketRooster

Return to Tactics/strategy help