Non-Conventional Chrono Dampener

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Non-Conventional Chrono Dampener

Postby biass » 28 Mar 2016, 01:34

I was lucky to have a small amount of T3 mobile arty sitting out of range, it countered okay

it also one shot's aurora's as well

Otherwise, PD
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 28 Mar 2016, 23:45

[quote="briang"]Do you have any idea how much energy the ACU Lazer costs?[/quote]

Yes, I do. It is expensive. And yet, I had a Cybran player get one in ladder by ~18 minutes. Do you have other ideas, briang? Besides biass's good idea with PD creeping?
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby briang » 29 Mar 2016, 01:54

I would not even put lazer on a list of counters xD. It is just such a ridiculous thing to think of as a "counter" for anything. If you see something and your reaction is to go lazer you've got a lot to learn; it is a proactive upgrade 99.99999% of the time.

Koppas original suggestion of focusing on their units with your Com was the right one. If you have units that outrange it, keep them out of the range. The best thing you can do against it IMO is just avoid it, if you avoid it with minimal/no ground loss (very possible) they get no value out of it.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby biass » 29 Mar 2016, 05:33

Yeah, no lazer is not a good thing to counter chrono with, its not a defensive counter at all xD

I never said to pd 'creep' as it were but just make two or three where his acu is going to scare him away, and then punish his now wasted investment somewhere else

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Postby codepants » 29 Mar 2016, 18:47

Doesn't chrono require power to use? Couldn't you snipe their power? If they are being aggressive with it their ACU is out of their base. If they just spent all those resources on a fairly expensive upgrade you should have something to go around and hit their power with.
codepants
Priest

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: codepants

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 30 Mar 2016, 00:27

[quote="codepants"]Doesn't chrono require power to use? Couldn't you snipe their power? If they are being aggressive with it their ACU is out of their base. If they just spent all those resources on a fairly expensive upgrade you should have [i]something[/i] to go around and hit their power with.[/quote]

I used Chrono Dampener successfully several times. I could run it on a hydro (had 2 hydros and ~20 T1 pgens but ~70% E went into bomber spam and aurora spam, so) and had excess. It is not an upgrade that'd require a T2 pgen, like shield is.

My mod:
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Postby codepants » 31 Mar 2016, 18:41

LichKing2033 wrote:I used Chrono Dampener successfully several times. I could run it on a hydro (had 2 hydros and ~20 T1 pgens but ~70% E went into bomber spam and aurora spam, so) and had excess. It is not an upgrade that'd require a T2 pgen, like shield is.

20 t1 pgens is a lot. Chrono takes 200 to run, and with a hydro and 20 t1 pgens you were pulling 500 power. If 70% of that went into units, you only had 150 power left to run Chrono (500 - 500*0.7). So you were only firing 3/4 as often as you could've been. If your opponent had destroyed your hydro, that would've been 50 power left for hydro, do only firing 1/4 as often as max.

20 t1 pgens... while you were building those they should have been building something to kill them with. :) The fact that you had all that stuff (bomber spam? So your opponent wasn't building inties?) tells me your opponent wasn't reacting properly.
codepants
Priest

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: codepants

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 31 Mar 2016, 23:50

Let's count. 5 T1 factories making auroras - that is 200 power. 1 Air fac making bombers, surrounded by hydro and pgens ~70 E. Yes, I made a mistake of saying 70%. It was 270/500 = 54%. I could operate Chrono Dampener and have excess of 30. The opponent couldn't strike at my rear because it was covered by a couple PDs and he didn't spam properly. Besides, at the time I had Chrono Dampener and pushed with double gun com, he had no way to raid me as he had to defend his main base, which he still lost. Yes, he built inties to counter my bombers but I had air supremacy so it was insignificant.

Chrono Dampener countered by Cybran? Going to have to see how to counter it. But perhaps, avoiding the com? Lure him in the open and come from behind and smash his power grid? For all we know, ACU doesn't produce enough E to support Chrono Dampener so once all power is off (or at least most of it), his super ability will fall.

My mod:
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Postby biass » 01 Apr 2016, 05:27

Please try the upgrade vs competent players and get back to me, thanks <3

biass
Contributor

Previous

Return to Tactics/strategy help