Bomber double/triple drop

Re: Bomber double/triple drop

Postby rockoe10 » 18 Jan 2014, 16:19

I just want my bomber to behave as it was intended to behave. Poor scripting or lack of foresight from the scriptwriters of the bombers should not hold us back from correcting a problem with its behavior. "Fly-by", that is its intended behavior. Dodging and weaving around flak as a "Micro" is also within what i expect is its intended behavior. However; hovering over a target and repeatedly dropping payloads, no matter how counter-able or weakened it has left its user, is not within its intended behavior.

I have used this tactic, just about every time i make a lone bomber. Its very effective, and doesn't have to be used on a "First Air". It can be used 7 minutes into the game to catch stray engies or mex. If you play a map bigger than a 5x5, it can take longer than a moment to get an interceptor to take down the hover bomber over your mex. But this is irrelevant. Counter-ability, imbalance, Overpowered or Under powered I don't care. The fact remains, THIS IS NOT HOW IT IS SUPPOSE TO WORK AND WE ALL KNOW IT.

I feel kinda guilty to tell you the truth every time i use it, especially against lower rated players. Sure, I tell my self "All is fair in love and war" but this is a game. A game with rules and etiquette.

I'm for a "Fix" of the bomber. Sure, we will have to balance the bomber too but so what. That's what we do! We fix things and make them better :D
ZeP: doesn't matter if it's an avatar, a trophy or a collection of dead cats
ZeP: it's the same code
rockoe10

Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: Rockoe10

Postby Gorton » 18 Jan 2014, 17:25

You're right, it's a game. And everything within the rules of said game are allowed.
This has already been said multiple times - what is intended and what is not intended is just not an argument. Do you think the devs intended engineer spam to be what it was, so bad that engymod was made?
Gameplay > Any logic
and to be honest, while you can say "bombers don't work that way" it's the 38th century, they can make skyscraper units in less than a few minutes. Current technology doesn't apply, at all.
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby Wakke » 18 Jan 2014, 17:29

Bomber double/triple drop is just silly, and should be removed. Not only out of common sense, but also to make the game at least a bit welcoming to new players ('yeah there's this trick you can use to make this unit effective much more effective, didn't you know?'). Hilarious how some people defend it.
Wakke

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby ColonelSheppard » 18 Jan 2014, 17:39

Wakke wrote:Hilarious how some people defend it.

again, how often did you use it? - never

new players, can see this, and either choosen to counter it/use it or they can choose not to
if you want to help new players then help them and dont mess with balance

rockoe10 wrote:I'm for a "Fix" of the bomber. Sure, we will have to balance the bomber too but so what.

hell there IS NO balance problem with bomber micro, and if you claim where evidence, where? i dont see it? guess you also have a reliable dev enviroment that defenitly helps you to test gamesituations - not
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Gorton » 18 Jan 2014, 17:42

Wakke wrote:Bomber double/triple drop is just silly, and should be removed. Not only out of common sense, but also to make the game at least a bit welcoming to new players ('yeah there's this trick you can use to make this unit effective much more effective, didn't you know?'). Hilarious how some people defend it.

SO, we should remove micro of tanks and bots? Remove micro of naval? Remove micro of inties/asf in circles?
Remove micro of acu? Remove micro of flak?
Where do you draw the line on making units more effective with micro?

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Postby Wakke » 18 Jan 2014, 17:48

Gorton wrote:
SO, we should remove micro of tanks and bots? Remove micro of naval? Remove micro of inties/asf in circles?

Chris Taylor intended/ knows about microing units like tanks/labs. He didn't intend/ know about bomber multi drop misuse. There's the line.
Wakke

Postby ColonelSheppard » 18 Jan 2014, 17:53

1st: you cant proof that
2nd: it doesnt matter
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Postby Gorton » 18 Jan 2014, 17:54

Wakke wrote:
Gorton wrote:

Chris Taylor intended/ knows about microing units like tanks/labs. He didn't intend/ know about bomber multi drop misuse. There's the line.

Gameplay > Intent

This is exactly why engimod exists instead of having "intended" engineer spam

(I also like how you can see into the mind of Chris Taylor and know exactly what he thinks)

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Postby Wakke » 18 Jan 2014, 17:56

Well, seems like a poll is in order. Let's see how many people want to balance a game around exploits/unintended behavior, with the only motivation being: it's in the game, guys, deal with it.
Wakke

Postby ColonelSheppard » 18 Jan 2014, 18:03

read previous posts..., your statement is is wrong
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

PreviousNext