Bomber double/triple drop

Re: Bomber double/triple drop

Postby Reaper Zwei » 18 Jan 2014, 01:16

Anaryl wrote:
Interfaction balance is no argument here. UEF bomber is/was (i dunno with balance patch) utter crap, and yes, micro doesn't change that; and sera bomber turns out to be the best bomber in about every situation, aeon and Cybran are something in between, again, not an argument.

That is the very definition of imbalance.

What exactly is your idea of balance? Because I thought one of the core ideas of this game was Factional Diversity. The idea that single kinds of units(say t1 bombers) may be imbalanced compared to each other but that overall the factions are balanced. That means that of course when your comparing like units to one another(t1 bombers) that one will be the best and one will be the worst. As for the UEF bomber it is being worked on so that its not as utter crap as it has been compared to the others.
Reaper Zwei
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Reaper_Zwei

Postby Anaryl » 18 Jan 2014, 02:12

Sorry I tag manually rather than using the mouse - so half the time I dont bother typing the person.
Anaryl
Banned

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: Anaryl

Postby Anaryl » 18 Jan 2014, 02:13

Reaper Zwei wrote:What exactly is your idea of balance? Because I thought one of the core ideas of this game was Factional Diversity. The idea that single kinds of units(say t1 bombers) may be imbalanced compared to each other but that overall the factions are balanced. That means that of course when your comparing like units to one another(t1 bombers) that one will be the best and one will be the worst. As for the UEF bomber it is being worked on so that its not as utter crap as it has been compared to the others.

That is a lousy justification and you know it.
Anaryl
Banned

Postby ColonelSheppard » 18 Jan 2014, 03:34

Anaryl wrote:That is a lousy justification and you know it.

No, saying the UEF bomber is crap so bombermicro is unbalanced, thats a lousy justification.
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Reaper Zwei » 18 Jan 2014, 04:08

Anaryl wrote:That is a lousy justification and you know it

What exactly do you want? All like units to perform exactly the same just look different? Can't have different AOE? Can't have different DPS? Can't behave differently?
Reaper Zwei
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Reaper_Zwei

Postby Anaryl » 18 Jan 2014, 05:07

Asking Cybran and UEF bombers to work well in any capacity, let alone the double-dealing death machines of seraphim & aeonis not impinging on 'Faction Diversity". You by your own admission conclude that both Cybran and UEF bombers are crap - how is that faction diversity and not anything (by very definition) faction imbalance?. It's up to you to demonstrate how it is beneficial to diversity to have two bombers that can't work as intended, and two others that can be abused beyond what's intended.Why this has to be explained is beyond me.
Anaryl
Banned

Postby Nombringer » 18 Jan 2014, 05:09

Anaryl wrote:Asking Cybran and UEF bombers to work well in any capacity, let alone the double-dealing death machines of seraphim & aeonis not impinging on 'Faction Diversity". You by your own admission conclude that both Cybran and UEF bombers are crap - how is that faction diversity and not anything (by very definition) faction imbalance?. It's up to you to demonstrate how it is beneficial to diversity to have two bombers that can't work as intended, and two others that can be abused beyond what's intended.Why this has to be explained is beyond me.

I really don't want to weigh in to heavily on this thread, but a local imbalance is not a factional imbalance
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby Anaryl » 18 Jan 2014, 07:56

Nombringer wrote:
Anaryl wrote:Asking Cybran and UEF bombers to work well in any capacity, let alone the double-dealing death machines of seraphim & aeonis not impinging on 'Faction Diversity". You by your own admission conclude that both Cybran and UEF bombers are crap - how is that faction diversity and not anything (by very definition) faction imbalance?. It's up to you to demonstrate how it is beneficial to diversity to have two bombers that can't work as intended, and two others that can be abused beyond what's intended.Why this has to be explained is beyond me.

I really don't want to weigh in to heavily on this thread, but a local imbalance is not a factional imbalance

Except that in this case, it obviously is.
Anaryl
Banned

Postby IceDreamer » 18 Jan 2014, 09:26

Factional diversity would be the case we have currently between Cybran, Aeon, and Seraphim T1 Bombers. The Seraphim are definitely the best, the Cybran definitely the worst, but all three of them can quite comfortably be used. As a Cybran player one never shies from building Bombers if one needs to because they do work, they do their job.

Pure imbalance becomes apparent when one includes the UEF Bomber into this. It's not that it's bad because it's worse than the others, the problem is that it's just plain and simply BAD. It cannot do the job it's built for, it doesn't work. When you actually look at how well it can do the job you realise that it's hardly EVER worth the Mass to build it. That's wrong.

Making the UEF Bomber work well enough to use but making it do this in the form of a carpet bomber does not diminish faction diversity, it actually enhances it. It's still the worst Bomber by many measurements, but it also has advantages over the others in specific circumstances.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby ColonelSheppard » 18 Jan 2014, 14:43

guys nobody rejects imbalances between the bombers BUT this:

1.) has nothing to do with this thread
2.) as the UEF bomber will be fixed, it ain't be a problem
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times