General Status Update

Re: General Status Update

Postby FunkOff » 28 Jan 2014, 05:58

I like the patch. Can you just add a small ASF ROF nerf in there and/or small mass cost increase? 500 mass cost and being a little better vs T3/T4 and a little worse vs T1 spam would be perfect.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Lu_Xun_17 » 28 Jan 2014, 23:01

I prefered the patch 3 or 4 versions before. Since that, you guys try to investigate some other new dangerous areas, whose actually were not even in the initial votes.

The attempts to change the general behavior of the bomber are not an improvement imo. We should keep on the uef bomber buff, and eventually the cybran bomber shot on water as mozart suggested.

For all the new recent (nearly) untested tries, most of them are not acceptable and very random. Especially doubling the teleport time of a SCU...

Although some of them could be good, such as the frigates rework to avoid overkill, just keep it for next patch, or we'll never get a patch published if you can't control your addiction to add constant new line codes.

Just come back to 3629.16 and don't change it anymore please. Patch was supposed to be published in early december.
(It won't prevent you to continue experimenting any change you want on some 3630.XXXX versions, but at least the game will be patched.)
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: LuXy

Postby pip » 29 Jan 2014, 00:17

Sera SCU teleport time in FA, 3599 or 3603 = 30 seconds because energy cost = 117 000. ACU teleport time = 15 seconds (since always).

In FAF, energy cost of SCU (25800) was reduced by 4.5, with the side effect to reduce teleport time by the same amount to 6-7 seconds = less than half time of an ACU, whose ability was always supposed to be twice better than SCU (compare 30 seconds to 15 seconds), not twice worse. I adapted the teleport time to 14 seconds, because 7 is just too low, and nobody wanted that, it's an unforeseen side effect. You know why? Because I'm the one who reduced the cost of SCU in the first place, and I was not aware at that time that I unwantedly changed the teleport time that much, otherwise, I would have adjusted it at the same time, one year ago. I do it now, because I know better, and I fix my mistakes when I realize them. You can check past changelogs all you want, in none of them you will see that the teleport time was reduced on purpose, it was an accident.

As for bombers, it's the units I see the most complains about, for various reasons, but most of all, because they are unreliable, they don't drop when they should. They have been recieving improvements here and there since 3603 to alleviate the issue, this patch is no different. This time, it concerns t1 bombers and not only t2 bombers. Even Mozart thinks there is a problem with Cybran bomber on water, when there is no real problem.

But most of all, I'm annoyed by quick judgments made by people who barely played the test mod, and complain about the fact it is nearly untested. You want to impact the patch? If you are serious, then instead of criticizing based on your vague impressions of reading a changelog, you should do like Zlo, test for real, play, report. We fixed a lot of stuff thanks to him. You don't even care about the game breaking bugs that are fixed thanks to his help in the last version compared to versions ago and that are more important than balance tweaks, adn took some time to be taken care of. You prefer no changes than changes you don't understand or don't care about. That's sad.

No matter what, it's too late, this is release candidate. Issues that are spotted before release will be fixed (or hotfixed after release), but this is the last state of the patch. And when I say spotted, I mean with replays. Ze_Pilot asks for logs all the time? I ask for replays! ;)
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby IceDreamer » 31 Jan 2014, 20:56

Since I liked the post above, can you sneak a Mavor buff to 0.1 FiringRandomness into the patch for me? Pretty pretty please? :twisted:
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby pip » 01 Feb 2014, 18:49

There is an error in the "what's new changelog" concerning the restoration field changes. The latest changes are :
1) Sera ACU restoration field 1 : adds 1000 HP to ACU health ; 2% hp regen (from 0.5), but capped at 15 (from 75)
2) Sera ACU Rapid Restoration field ; name changed to Advanced Restoration Field, adds 1500 more HP to ACU health, adds 10% hp to units nearby, as it used to do.
pip
Supreme Commander

FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ze_PilOt » 01 Feb 2014, 20:08

Fixed.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby pip » 01 Feb 2014, 20:19

Thanks!
pip
Supreme Commander