Uncontroversial changes

Re: Uncontroversial changes

Postby IceDreamer » 16 Nov 2013, 05:22

One T3 Artillery is more than 40 Percivals, even taking into account the cost of Factories. Even in a weaker form, that will still be enough to crush 90% of defences without issue. Currently, short of a stack of Experimentals being involved, there is no defensive fortification which can stand up to 40 Percivals and come out without significant losses.

Also, TML, Artillery, and Nukes are not capable of fending off the (Hopefully) increased number of T2 land units.

The only worry I have is the Experimentals becoming the new T3 default (Again). I've already mentioned making them far more expensive and epic ala Vanilla, and Zock I think is kind of on board, but it's out of the scope of this patch unless the T3 nerf consequences are far more severe than we are anticipating.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Apofenas » 16 Nov 2013, 09:23

ShadowKnight wrote:One T3 Artillery is more than 40 Percivals, even taking into account the cost of Factories. Even in a weaker form, that will still be enough to crush 90% of defences without issue. Currently, short of a stack of Experimentals being involved, there is no defensive fortification which can stand up to 40 Percivals and come out without significant losses.

There actually is very good unit to stop an army of percivals: the wall. People always forget, that percival isn't an experimental. It can't get through walls. Some people say that wall will disappea in a second, but for the cost of 1 percival(1290 mass), you can build a Sprite Striker(640 mass) and 320 wall sections(2 mass each) and sniper bot will kill percival without even moving. Against 40 percivals you can just put 40 snipers and a real hell of walls and still win by mass. Because percivals need a manual wall targetting, so that is a lot of orderd and time, while you have a non-stop firing from long range by almost everything: t2 pds, t2 arty, t3 mobile arty,sniperbots, megalyths, even GCs and yothas! Thats why i think, that UEF support commanders with both guns and both shields are the strogest UEF units.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Zock » 16 Nov 2013, 09:26

Please keep the T3 related things in the t2/t3 thread.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby da_monstr » 16 Nov 2013, 13:36

I woud like to suggest a change to the Broadsword: Right now, a single interceptor can do over 1000 damage to it before dying as the AA weapon is so weak and misses often. My suggestion is to increase the muzzle velocity of the weapon and give it in the range of 30-50 DPS. That way, a small band of Broadswords won't die to something like 10 interceptors, which seems just ridiculous. I believe that if even the Cybran Wailer has at least some AA, the Broadsword should have it too, as they cost the same and their air to ground weapons are within 20 % of each other.
Peace through superior firepower.
[Total Biscuit, comparing FA to SupCom2] "The scale and the sublime nature of the economy was ruined with Supreme Commander 2, which I absolutely despised. Oh god, I hate that game so very much."
da_monstr
Priest

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: Mainstay

Postby RedYak » 16 Nov 2013, 16:31

Ok then please justify ravager now. If t3 and experimental nerfs get implemented, i would like to see you penetrate a UEF turtle or creeper with equal amount of mass with units. Monkeylord will be defeated by t2pd's, gc lacks even the dps to break through shields and chicken becomes and a suicide bot (the only positive thing). There is no justification to these taking into the fact that t1pd and walls are also good counters for t3 land.

I suggest make t3 land more power hungry and/or longer build time, less spammable but at least an option rather than axing it completely.
RedYak
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: RedYak

Postby IceDreamer » 16 Nov 2013, 16:41

Ravager is built to defend from... A Ground attack. So you choose to assault it with... A Ground attack? Then are upset when it doesn't work? That doesn't strike me as very strategic, more very stupid. In fact now I think about it, this could be good for the whole game, promoting sneakiness and 'Go around' rather than brute force, brute force, brute force.

And yes, please keep it in the T3 Land thread. I won't reply in here again.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby Sovietpride » 17 Nov 2013, 16:13

da_monstr wrote:I woud like to suggest a change to the Broadsword: Right now, a single interceptor can do over 1000 damage to it before dying as the AA weapon is so weak and misses often. My suggestion is to increase the muzzle velocity of the weapon and give it in the range of 30-50 DPS. That way, a small band of Broadswords won't die to something like 10 interceptors, which seems just ridiculous. I believe that if even the Cybran Wailer has at least some AA, the Broadsword should have it too, as they cost the same and their air to ground weapons are within 20 % of each other.

If you're t3 air, and you're losing t3 gunships to 10 inties, you're doing it wrong.
Sovietpride

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: Sovietpride

Postby Wakke » 18 Nov 2013, 13:37

Previously I made some code for the firebeetle to be toggable between: blow up when killed/don't blow up when killed (default). I originally proposed it combined with removing the firebeetle's immunity for other firebeetles' explosions. I think that's more interesting, but I realize that that is quite a big impact on the unit.
However, the above toggle could also be implemented while keeping the firebeetle's immunity for other firebeetles' explosions. In this case, it would be a straight, uncontroversial addition to the unit: If you do not use the toggle, firebeetles behave exactly the same as they do now. If you do use the toggle, they will explode upon death, but still won't damage other firebeetles.
I feel this might increase the usability of firebeetles, as the cases where they will be killed without doing damage will go down.
If there is interest in adding this, let me know and I'll dig up the code.
Wakke

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby IceDreamer » 19 Nov 2013, 01:26

Can we get the Diamond Mod bugfix for the ACU weapon VS T1 surrounded PD bug? I believe in the mod they just gave the ACU weapon a 0.1 AOE, too small to actually do anything other than fix the bug.

Oh, and I make the new Torpedo damage on the Tempest 500, not 495 :)
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby Icy » 19 Nov 2013, 02:35

Just a thought for the Tempest. Has anyone thought of simply changing the torpedoes to depth charges instead of increasing the dps? Depth charges ignore torpedo defenses, making it stronger against units that rely on torp d without being much of a buff against those that don't like cruisers and shield boats. (this is why the exodus is so good at anti sub. more than half of the damage is in the depth charge.) It's an aeon specific weapon, but only the exodus and skimmer have it (ignoring the worthless one on the czar)
Icy
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: tGx_Icy

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3629