Other minor changes

Re: Other minor changes

Postby errorblankfield » 20 Feb 2014, 05:13

IceDreamer wrote:Megalith - AA DPS multiplied by 6. Experiment with BuildPower = 100,000 (To make the unit more unique in the way it acts as a Mobile Factory, this amount of BuildPower will instantly divert your entire economy into this project, therefore allowing the Megalith to quite literally "Shit Bricks". Needs testing to make sure it's not too strong, make sure it won't replace Factories as the main method of production, and must not be allowed to Assist other projects)

Okay, I laughed.

And yea, those token changes look good (if maybe not enough for some but baby steps right?).
errorblankfield
Priest

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: errorblankfield

Postby dstojkov » 27 Feb 2014, 15:27

Hi,

After the chat yesterday about aurora what has been decided ?

speed 2.9 -> 3
randomness 0.6 -> 0

I noticed also the physics where changed so that the "dancing" dodge is almost gone.

Let us have a playable aeon ffs !!!!
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby rockoe10 » 27 Feb 2014, 20:07

Zep said the firing randomness wil be removed in one his other posts. But if this is the case, id like to see them a little more fragile then. Being able to dodge fire AND hit their target is pretty tough to fight. If I get a shot off, id like it to count.
ZeP: doesn't matter if it's an avatar, a trophy or a collection of dead cats
ZeP: it's the same code
rockoe10

Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: Rockoe10

Postby pip » 27 Feb 2014, 20:19

As far as I know, Zep will make his own Aurora balance. There are plenty of ways to achieve balance, he can certainly find another one. Maybe the small speed nerf is enough after all, now that UEF got buffed a bit. We shall see in the replays / stats.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Aulex » 27 Feb 2014, 21:19

Bug
Blazes seem to have the same bug that auroras had with retreating before the aeon buff. It can be seen in this replay at the end at minute 12:40. When the blazes try to kite they seem to circle instead of moving backwards, this can be compared to the t2 sera hover tank at a little past 6:00 minute mark.

Balance Idea
Now if this is fixed the blazes will become much better so I was thinking increasing the dps to a similar amount as the riptide but to decrease health. This will help promote shields even more but also will fix the issue of blazes not being that effective in killing hoplites/mongeese which is their role.
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby Ze_PilOt » 27 Feb 2014, 22:05

You know the balance period is over right?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby IceDreamer » 28 Feb 2014, 00:42

Aulex wrote:Bug
Blazes seem to have the same bug that auroras had with retreating before the aeon buff. It can be seen in this replay at the end at minute 12:40. When the blazes try to kite they seem to circle instead of moving backwards, this can be compared to the t2 sera hover tank at a little past 6:00 minute mark.

Balance Idea
Now if this is fixed the blazes will become much better so I was thinking increasing the dps to a similar amount as the riptide but to decrease health. This will help promote shields even more but also will fix the issue of blazes not being that effective in killing hoplites/mongeese which is their role.

It's not a bug, it's how the vast majority of hover units behave. UEF and Seraphim hover tanks, Blaze, hover scouts arty flack everything. Only the Aurora got special super-dancing treatment...
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Mycen » 28 Feb 2014, 21:11

Aulex wrote:which is their role.

Who decided that? I thought their role was to be a T2 tank - to Auroras what the Pillar is to Strikers, for example.
Mycen
Evaluator

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 40 times
FAF User Name: Mycen

Postby Aulex » 28 Feb 2014, 22:09

Mycen wrote:
Aulex wrote:which is their role.

Who decided that? I thought their role was to be a T2 tank - to Auroras what the Pillar is to Strikers, for example.

http://faforever.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 380#p48901

Ze_PilOt wrote:You know the balance period is over right?

Yes I know, i just considered this a bug, I just thought this may give a buff to blaze which will probably need to be balanced

IceDreamer wrote:
Aulex wrote:Bug

Balance Idea

It's not a bug, it's how the vast majority of hover units behave. UEF and Seraphim hover tanks, Blaze, hover scouts arty flack everything. Only the Aurora got special super-dancing treatment...

Vee seem to have been able to kite perfectly fine with the sera t2 hover tank in the replay
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby IceDreamer » 01 Mar 2014, 09:45

Well if you want to be useful, you could go and take a look at the hover units and find the one you think handles the best (Non-Aurora) and I'll take a look at replicating that across the board.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3629