Other minor changes

Re: Other minor changes

Postby Gorton » 16 Jan 2014, 19:07

I dunno FunkOff, would make it alot easier to reclaim with engies since they can't stay out of range
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby rockoe10 » 17 Jan 2014, 10:31

FunkOff wrote:The best lab idea ive heard is buffing damage and nerfing range 50 percent. They do a lot of damage that way... more than tanks for the mass cost... but still get owned by tanks due to range

I think this makes sense. After all, tanks should have better range, and dps/mass LABSs would be better. It sounds good, the numbers may need some tweeks
ZeP: doesn't matter if it's an avatar, a trophy or a collection of dead cats
ZeP: it's the same code
rockoe10

Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: Rockoe10

Postby SomeoneAUS » 20 Jan 2014, 05:21

Would that not make ghetto gunships too strong?
SomeoneAUS
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: SomeoneAUS

Postby Golol » 20 Jan 2014, 07:46

arent labs balanced great right now? why change the. they do what they are supposed to do and are used a lot
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby Gerfand » 21 Jan 2014, 20:28

Golol wrote:arent labs balanced great right now? why change the. they do what they are supposed to do and are used a lot

They are...
but if you want to buff them w/out making they Imba, you would need only to buff their HP a bit...
Gerfand

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby FunkOff » 21 Jan 2014, 21:56

Golol wrote:arent labs balanced great right now? why change the. they do what they are supposed to do and are used a lot

Labs arent well balanced. You build 2 to harass early on and thats basically it. T1 tanks solidly murder them. You only make. 2 so you can raid 2 engies for the cost of 1 tank
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Gerfand » 21 Jan 2014, 23:32

FunkOff wrote:

Labs arent well balanced. You build 2 to harass early on and thats basically it. T1 tanks solidly murder them. You only make. 2 so you can raid 2 engies for the cost of 1 tank

why not use a balance like the PA one?

http://pamatches.com/wiki/units/vehicles/pounder/
http://pamatches.com/wiki/units/bots/dox/

I mean the HP part, in FA case(example):

Striker 300HP, 24DPS
Mech Marine 75HP, 23,33DPS-> Mech Marine 100HP to 150 HP, 23,33DPS
Gerfand

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby IceDreamer » 12 Feb 2014, 13:15

Just gonna stick a list of stuff I'd like to see for RC2 here.

Engineer cost changes are a step in the right direction, but the efficiency drop from T2 to T3 is still too much IMO. It's a hell of a drop, despite the much higher cost of going to T3. I suggest keeping Aeon and Seraphim the same (Theirs are currently more efficient than their T2) and dropping the Mass cost on UEF and Cybran ones to 380 (It's 50% more of a drop than from T1 to T2, and still significantly less efficient that Aeon and Seraphim).

Mongoose still has some trouble getting the Gatling to hit properly. I suggest increasing the MuzzleVelocity from 25 to 30, just shy of the Ravager's 32.

Sorry Pip, but after extensive testing of the UEF Bubble SCU, I have to say that the damage transmission is just too much. They used to be worthwhile. Now they are not. The fact is that the shield is so small a group of SCUs have very tight overlapping, which means even the tiniest AOE will hit every single shield. The fact that they can be prebuilt is not enough of an incentive to bother. I suggest going back to having the non-transmitting Shields, but increasing the penalties associated. Double the time it takes them to recharge from empty, and increase the Energy consumption from -1000 to -2500. Then you end up with an extremely powerful protective tool, but one which takes real input to use extensively. It combats the super-strength of having them overlapping by reducing the number you can easily deploy in the first place.

Time to buff some more of the token weapons too! I'd like to see Brick's Torpedoes buffed to 10 Damage each (For 25DPS and total DPS of 400 for the unit, same as Percival), and I'd like to see Wagner's Torpedoes also buffed, to 24 Damage each, for 12 DPS.

Oh, and I'd like my Mavor buff to 0.1 FiringRandomness too :p
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Exotic_Retard » 12 Feb 2014, 18:33

Time to buff some more of the token weapons too! I'd like to see Brick's Torpedoes buffed to 10 Damage each (For 25DPS and total DPS of 400 for the unit, same as Percival), and I'd like to see Wagner's Torpedoes also buffed, to 24 Damage each, for 12 DPS.

i also want to see token weapon being useful.

30dps on aa for a megalith? that's not exactly serious, its just for aesthetics.

would be great if wagners can be used on navy like every other factions hovertanks to at least some extent... could change the way cybran t3/2 navy is played if you can use land as torpedo platforms, or at least some supplement to your navy
this also concerns othums, and the fatty could use a buff too - 75dps for anything on an experimental is somewhat useless
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby errorblankfield » 13 Feb 2014, 00:09

Another for making token weapons actually mean something...

Nothing worse than having a 1DPS gun alert your presence via blinky icon of doom.
errorblankfield
Priest

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: errorblankfield

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3629