Rules for the balance team.

Rules for the balance team.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 02 Nov 2013, 12:49

All discussions are public.

You can lock a topic and post in it if you don't want other users to pollute it, but everything must readable by anyone.
I don't want you to post numbers without the though process leading to these numbers posted somewhere.

I want anyone able to understand why everything is done just be looking at the forum.

The balance mod must be updated, and a change log must be posted on the forum.

Your team coder has access to the mod. Every time something is tested, it must be implemented in the balance test so anyone can try it.
A change log must be posted so everyone is aware of the changes.

There is a time limit.

The process will take as long as needed, but they are some milestones :
- All bug fixes must be implemented and tested before December. More can be implemented later, but the mandatory ones (see the balance proposals) must be done at that date.

- All balance proposals must be implemented before end of December.
If a change has never been tested by that date, it will be dropped.

- The patch release is planned for the end of January.
Meaning that any change you don't consider good or finished will be dropped by that date.

It can be sooner than this, but not later!

The goal is to implement it in FAF.

It means that the code should not hook any file. Any edited file must be complete, no blueprint merge,...
Also, you need to fork the repository : https://bitbucket.org/thepilot/forged-a ... orever-lua

A branch named 3629 has been created. You must fork that repository and commit every change in that branch, properly.

The final patch will be that branch merged to the default one.

The purpose of that is to allow future generations to keep track of what was tried and changed, and eventually revert any change with a single click. (very useful during the balance process).

If you don't know how to do it properly, there is a startup guide here:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1788

Feel free to ask questions about this. It's really important as I'm not planning to clean any mess.
So if a change is not properly committed, it will not be implemented.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Return to Patch 3629