Ladder rotation

Moderator: pip

Ladder rotation

Postby ColonelSheppard » 16 Jul 2013, 23:39

dunno how this goes, dont care who decides just wanna note a few maps that look nice and may be viable for 1v1
so that it isnt always the same maps

Balmy_FA
Tree reclaim, 2rock-reclaim sopts, 10x5, 28 mexes

Carona
tree reclaim 20x20, ring with inner and outer water and island in the middle, similar to Bermuda Locket, 70 mexes

Coast to Coast

5x5, 2 landmasses with water inbetween, similar to white fire but smaler and no ship reclaim, mexes in the water, 22 mexes

Deadmanspass v1
10x10, players operating from two hills on both sides, in the middle there is a big area of lower elevation with a mountain of reclaim (really much reclaim), 28 mexes

Desert Oasis

20x10, big lake in the middle, rock and tree reclaim splitted over whole map, optical very nice, 64 mexes

Desert Planet
10x10 land only, rock reclaim, nothing too special 39 mexes, only 3 mexes directly at start, again very nice desinged in terms of look

Destiny
20x20 water and land, many lakes and one big watermass, imagine emeral crater and setons having a child, 96 mexes, just looks a bit ugly

Winter Planet (Forrest Planet)
20x10, 3 ways battle with single t3 wrecks spread out over the whole map, Forrest planet is nearly the same but it doesnt look as nice as winter planet, 36 mexes

Island Zero
i think we all know island zero... (10x10)

Lost Paradise III
20x20, big island in the middle, players starting on small side landmasses with only a few mexes and acces to water, tree and rare rock reclaim, 100+ mexes

Moonshine
classic 1v1 5x5 map, reminds of Moonlight and Firelight (same author though).. classic 30 mexes, like theta with an elevation in the middle, only one start mex

Painted Desert/Polar Range
20x20 emeral crater style but without real expansion (only spread out mexes) and much rock reclaim
i personally like the desing of Polar Range more but from playstyle its just the same

Paradise 3v3
10x10, basicly a setons version of Paradise (official map), 54 mexes

Point of Reach

6 bigger islands, 70 mexes, plays like sera glaciers, a bit less linear

Scorpion Canyon
open 10x10 land only, much wreck reclaim in the middle, 44 mexes

Opener Palms
20x20 basicly 3 times the open palms map with much space in between, emeral crater style 70 mexes

Pyramid/Fields of Phönix/Womder/Desert Crisis/Mountain Lakes/Shade/Claudron/Syrtis MajorEP/Twin Rivers EP/all "plateau" maps/mountain pasture & others
possible replacement for Canis 4v4 map as land base ultry spam/eco map

Fundamental
reclaimbased map 5x5, 4 ways, 34 mexes, nice optical

Open Zeta
10x5, 20 mexes, land only, medium-high reclaim, classic

10x10, mass spot placement like Desert Arena, many mountains that create many chokepoints, big open space in the middle, basicly dersert arena with mountains and less reclaim

Mesa Plains 3v3
20x10, 4ways map, medium reclaim, choke in the middle, but too big and open for turteling, 56 mexes

Ozone Islands
20x10, waterbased map with 2 small landmasses on the sides and 8 smaller islands inbetween, player start on upper elevation, watercan only be reached by putting a factory down the hill or using a transport, medium reclaim

Serenity desert small
5x5, classic, land only, 42 (!) mexes

Desert Quarry
5x5, chokepointbased, 24 mexes, 16 mexes behind chokepoints

Aqua World
infact a nice map,i just dunno how to win aeon/sera here

Last Oasis
10x10 a bit like ETOS but more land and no mexes in the middle

Flooded Isis
10x10, looks way nicer than Waters of isis but basicly the same

Emeral Island
20x20, think of Bermuda locket

Icelands
dunno if that is an offical map too, nice look, 3 expansions for every side and noteworth reclaim in middle as well as mexes

Karnage
10x10, originally 4v4 means 6 expansions, players start on elevation that is only accesable from one side

Wetlands
badlands with water on one side

Pollux II
20x10,nothing too special, nice optical

Dry Noon
High Noon with landbridge so it doesnt favor T1 hoverfactions so muc

Springfield
a bit like setons, but less water and due it's small size (10x10) less ecowhorefavoring

a bit more troly

Alpha Quarantine 20x20
maybe more as an official map

Dark Dunes
oO thats gonna be a bit too sick maybe

Neptuna
10x10 and 128 MEXES, everything said

ThreeWinters
3 times winterduell

Crazy Rush
why not

Sulphur mounds
5x1.25, NO MEXES, only reclaim

Open Combat
5x2,5, ETOS style but more land and more mexes on the middle island

Pueblo
winterduell without reclaim and 13 mexes, i personal think it's a shit map

these are not personal favourites but just all maps from my map folder that i think do look nice and are possible for 1v1

also note that i only picked maps which have never been in 1v1 rotation
Last edited by ColonelSheppard on 18 Jul 2013, 00:31, edited 9 times in total.
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Re: Ladder rotation

Postby lextoc » 16 Jul 2013, 23:43

I like "Fundamental 2vs2", hasn't been played alot but looks sweet with lots of reclaim (like crag dunes)
I'm watching you!
lextoc
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 227 times
FAF User Name: lextoc

Postby ColonelSheppard » 17 Jul 2013, 23:23

by looking though the vault i really noticed how many shitty maps there are (and im not even talking about the paint-import-masterlee-maps, type for example "Human_normal")... and how few good maps.. somebody really should clean up there (you cant even use the rating filter because many maps have like 2 times 5 rating, probably mapuploader and his friend)

however i added a few maps to the list
would be really nice to know how this goes this time

EDIT: or type "team speack"
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Postby Petricpwnz » 17 Jul 2013, 23:44

Would be awesome to see some more big maps like painted desert\wonder\pyramid in ladder pool.
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Postby Krapougnak » 18 Jul 2013, 07:50

Yep definitely need to add some fresh blood on the map front, seems people only play the same maps on and on, you have to put their nose on new maps for them to notice and play them.

All the maps on the list are worthy candidates.
Krapougnak
Contributor

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Krapougnak

Postby thebeej » 18 Jul 2013, 09:07

Please don't add so many 20x20 maps! It takes too long to play, and I find I often cannot play a ladder 1v1 because I do not know if it will take 15 minutes or 1 hour!
thebeej
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: thebeej

Postby ColonelSheppard » 18 Jul 2013, 09:52

well these are just maps i found while going though my own maps and looking a bit around in the mapvault:

i personally would suggest

Ozone Islands for Vale of Isis
Sulphur Mounds or Fundamental for Fields of Thunder
666 for Desert Arena
Moonshine for Theta Passage 5

reasons:
Theta Passage 5/Moonshine theta has two versions in the pool and it's there since ever, Moonshine should be very similar in playstyle though
Vale of Isis/Ozone Islands has been in 3 of the last 4 rotations, also there is only one big water based map in the custom maps atm
Desert Arena/666 Desert Arena also has been in the rotation for quite a while now, 666 should have similar gameplay (but less reclaim) but looks a bit nicer
Sulpur Mounds for Fields of Thunder, Fields of Thunder is currently the "heavy-reclaim-5x5-map" Sulphur Mounds drives this into extrem with having no mexes at all, it should be a total new experience and new challange for the ladder, Fundamental is the bit more "classic" solution

but again i have no clue how this is going to run this time i just want to suggest maps because i play a lot of ladder and would dislike having crap maps there
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Postby Nombringer » 18 Jul 2013, 12:14

Lost paradise 3 is a great map, however I recently discovered the top side has 1300 more recliam, and more favorable positioning of the hydro, I believe it's in princes list of maps that need work on, just a heads up
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby ColonelSheppard » 22 Jul 2013, 23:39

any statement how this will run this time?
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Return to Patch 3626 beta