Balance team beta patch changelog

Moderator: pip

Re: Balance team beta patch changelog

Postby pip » 29 Jun 2013, 16:44

The Obsidian received 5 buffs in balance patch : AOE, shield regen boost, shield / health rearrangement, charge muzzle delay reduction, half energy consumption for its shield. It then appeared that it was no longer the Obsidian, but the OPsidian. Hence we removed buffs it received until we find good balance. It is not nerfed at all, it still uses 2 buffs in the list (charge muzzle delay reduction and shield / health rearrangement) compared to before. The only real problem the Obsidian had before was missing / shooting at an already dead target. Now that it wastes much less shots, it's a really strong unit.

The blaze also received significant buffs and the mobile shield consumes a lot less energy than before. Overall, Aeon t2 land is much better, and the goal is to make Aeon T2 competitive, not OP.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 29 Jun 2013, 19:50

pip wrote: it still uses 2 buffs in the list (charge muzzle delay reduction and shield / health rearrangement)

change 250 heal from shield is what type of buff? That lose some regen from shield and take +25hp from veteranci and enemy would faster see how damaged it. Thtas not buff.

pip wrote:The only real problem the Obsidian had before was missing / shooting at an already dead target.

no thats not only problem, the problem is that this "OP" unit is cost 400 mass. (and miss half shot, whats its with charge delay 0,4 same like before)

pip wrote: it's a really strong unit.

it is i agree, but cost 400 mass. and dont has eqal alternative

pip wrote:The blaze also received significant buffs

+10dps and better aiming is nice, but styll on comparing with pillar/rhino its sux. that cost for hoover what in 90% dont use make him unefective (when want make him as alternative for 400mass OPsidian, when you need units and dont has gold-mine in base)

pip wrote:Overall, Aeon t2 land is much better

only bonus is cheaper shield, thats significant. but this better shield want to be eqal from another diasdvatages?

pip wrote:Overall, Aeon t2 land is much better

has cheaper schield, +10dps blaze, slowest obsis, 160mass cheaper sniper - worse resto, and another fraction take some buffs (most of cybran, jester, ML,strat subs, rhinos)

Ok i dont care, start play cybran, and all will be fine, Im so sory princes Rhianne Burke i failed! :|
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby lebensnebel » 29 Jun 2013, 19:52

I don't want to be annoying, but is higher shield hp than the UEF counterpart still being considered for the asylum?
I would REALLY appreciate it, simply from the faction theme/canon standpoint.
lebensnebel

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 23 times
FAF User Name: lebensnebel

Postby IceDreamer » 29 Jun 2013, 22:53

Ithilis, you're wrong. The Obsidian is, used correctly as part of the larger Aeon T2/T1 mixed army, perfect for the job. Unlike before when Aeon were severely outgunned on the ground, they are now competitive. They are weaker, I think, than Cybran and UEF, but that is OK because they are the strongest faction in the Air at T2.

Higher shield HP for canonic reasons would be nice, team, but the current change works nicely: Don't break it.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby RoundTabler » 30 Jun 2013, 00:47

I believe UEF/Sera T2 Fighter has better health and same DPS...plus air to ground.
Avantgarde: bug reports go to you [zep] via PM?
Ze_PilOt_: no
Ze_PilOt_: never.

Ze_PilOt: FA is not about being in a comfort zone all the time.
I think the game you want to play is Starcraft 2.
RoundTabler
Contributor

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: RoundTabler

Postby IceDreamer » 30 Jun 2013, 01:16

RoundTabler wrote:I believe UEF/Sera T2 Fighter has better health and same DPS...plus air to ground.

If they do, they cost more. Aeon Swift Winds are very, VERY good at taking T2 air superiority, which allows them to use transports and gunships to their heart's content.

EDIT: Yup, confirmed. Janus, Notha, and Swift Wind all have 150 AA DPS, and the Corsair has 55. However, the Swift wind costs roughly 2000 Energy and 250 Mass LESS than each of the others. The others might have ground DPS too, but that's no good if they aren't allowed to live for more than 3 seconds...
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 30 Jun 2013, 23:37

Don't forget speed! The swift wind has 18 speed, vs 15 max for all other t1/t2 air. This allows it to intercept and kill all transports, bombers, gunships, and even strat bombers and kill them with impunity. If you mass up enough swift winds, you can even beat ASF in small numbers while you are upgrading to t3. Aeon has zero competition in t2 air superiority. The only draw back is the lack of an actual bomber, but the gunships are decent and drops are great :)
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby Nombringer » 01 Jul 2013, 03:57

Don't forget the turning circle either, those things are a joy to micro.
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby Hawkei » 01 Jul 2013, 06:58

Swift Wind (SW) are a brilliant high end interceptor, and lead in to ASF. Turning circle is great and speed is good. When microed, a cluster of SW can hurt ASF and don't die so horribly as Inties might. Without ASF of your own they cannot compete in a massed ASF dogfight. But when you have ASF of your own, this forces the opposing ASF to primary your ASF. Which allows the SW free reign to engage in the melee - or as a secondary tactical squadron. When ASF are forced into a Tight turn dogfight, they slow down, and SW are able to make strafing runs on their ASF blob.

The other key advantage is that they allow the Aeon air player to intercept lower order strikecraft, while holding ASF in reserve. I think it quite likely when Engie Mod is implemented that air players will spam slave T2 air factories. To supplement their ASF's with SW.

Furthermore, SW are a huge asset for the Aeon. Who's ground units are vunerable to strikecraft. The appropriate strategy, for Aeon T2 air, is airspace denial. The SW fits perfectly within this doctrine.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby PsychoBoB » 01 Jul 2013, 11:41

@balance team: Did you make any tests with the Evensong so far?

Btw i think you are on a very good way with the other changes. Thanks for your work!
If you fear the dark you have never seen what light can cause!
PsychoBoB
Priest

Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: McNeil

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3626 beta