Full share options

Moderator: pip

Full share options

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 05 Jun 2013, 04:10

Just a glitch I have noticed, and I have no idea whether or not this can be fixed.... If you have one person die and others are at unit cap, and the units are divided between the other players, the factories do not function properly. This also applies to giving another player units in separate groups.

If you are gifted a tech factory and not the HQ, even if you are given the HQ after, you can't build the tech from that factory. It is glitched for the rest of the game. Basically if you forget to select the HQ, or the units are split between two players after a death, you end up with a bunch of completely useless factories.

Again, not sure if this is really an issue or if it is fixable.... just an observation.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Re: Full share options

Postby Nombringer » 05 Jun 2013, 04:12

BRNKoINSANITY wrote:Just a glitch I have noticed, and I have no idea whether or not this can be fixed.... If you have one person die and others are at unit cap, and the units are divided between the other players, the factories do not function properly. This also applies to giving another player units in separate groups.

If you are gifted a tech factory and not the HQ, even if you are given the HQ after, you can't build the tech from that factory. It is glitched for the rest of the game. Basically if you forget to select the HQ, or the units are split between two players after a death, you end up with a bunch of completely useless factories.

Again, not sure if this is really an issue or if it is fixable.... just an observation.

There is also a glitch there, in that setons game we played, I got all of yourT3 air facs when you left, but only about half could build T3 air, the others only T1
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby FunkOff » 05 Jun 2013, 04:32

This sounds less like a glitch and more "working as intended". Use the support factories to make T1 engies and use those little guys to make an HQ factory if you want.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Nombringer » 05 Jun 2013, 04:37

FunkOff wrote:This sounds less like a glitch and more "working as intended". Use the support factories to make T1 engies and use those little guys to make an HQ factory if you want.

No, I had around 20. T3 air factories given over, and I only had around 10the could make T3, the rest were stuck at T1, I would
link you, but the replay desynchs
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby laPPen » 05 Jun 2013, 08:48

there is something else i was wondering about for ages now.
If someone from your team dies and you get his units, but you have to many units to take all his stuff then you will get all the crap units like all the t1engeneers while the t3 mexes and the t3 powerplants go to nirvana.
Isnt it the intention of full share to punish the team that lost a player as little as possible? So why do you get all his garbage but not the usefull stuff?
I think it gives u all units that have been build first ( the "oldest" units).
Wouldnt it be possible to give the "newest" uníts instead?
laPPen

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: laPPen

Postby RoLa » 05 Jun 2013, 09:06

Or the most valueable. Sort the units by cost. Cost should be calculated:

value = mass + engergy * some_factor

some_factor could be for example 0.1
RoLa
Contributor

Has liked: 5 times