Aeon and sea warfare

Moderator: pip

Re: Aeon and sea warfare

Postby Hawkei » 14 Jun 2013, 21:05

da_monstr wrote:I must agree with dstojkov there:
have you ever tried microing the Aeon destroyer or battleship? Then you know that if it turns too much, its shots are all over the place, not even in the general vicinity of target. Plus, oblivion cannon shots are just SOOOOOOOOO slow, you can actually avoid them with units like the cybran destroyer.

Guys, my post above is based on in game experience, and actual results. Yes microing Aeon Destroyers and Battleships has taught me that shots will miss when the unit fires. The missing is caused by the turrets turn rate being slower than the vessels turn rate. Which I have learnt to counter by doing a couple of things.

1. Assisting the turret by moving into the shot, not away from it.
2. Timing zig movements for when the destroyer is not firing. Essentially you move straight & fire, zig, straight & fire, etc.
2. Closing distance to minimise the projectile travel, and hence, posibility of a miss.
3. Avoiding the use of Destroyers in some siduations and using submarines instead.
4. Using Asymetric capabilities, like hover craft and torpeedo bombers.

You should also note that Cybran T2 ships suffer from the same micro issues. As it is quite possible to bleed off a lot of Cybran damage with micro. The advantage at least here is that they have a distinct fire cycle, giving a clear window for directional changes.

I will admit that the results I achieve with Aeon are not common, and that Aeon is a more difficult faction to use effectively. If you want to buff Aeon. I'm not going to stop you. :) Believe they are inferiour if you wish, until you face me on Seatons, and experience changes your mind. ;)
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby pip » 14 Jun 2013, 21:45

You guys haven't played Aeon navy since 2 month or what? All Aeon ships shoot straight now, even if microed. They may not hit, but they shoot in the right direction.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby ICKEN » 14 Jun 2013, 23:17

Firewall wrote:Guys, my post above is based on in game experience, and actual results.

So if your experience is so much greater why arent you beating the shit out if us, just to show us how wrong we are?
seriously ppl with less than 500 naval games or under 1800 rating should just not decide how the game should be balanced.
Teamwork is a lot of people doing what i say
ICKEN

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: ICKEN

Postby Hawkei » 16 Jun 2013, 15:19

<<Deleted Previous Post>>

I've been game testing this further. This time playing Sera vs Aeon. I can say that Sera benefit much more from micro then do Aeon. To see just how effective Seraphim is vs Aeon is scary :(

Aeon's power is in their neat high tech bombardment tools. But when it comes to winning the sea, they have a natural disadvantage. I will need to retract those previous statements :oops:
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Previous

Return to Patch 3626 beta