The T2 mobile shield.

Moderator: pip

Re: The T2 mobile shield.

Postby qai » 29 May 2013, 16:47

samt9892 wrote:
qai wrote: imo should reduce tech2 bots(uef,cybran) speed and or range so aeon can use its obsidian tank and other factions can use their tanks too.
so that ideal army would be mixed with t2 bots and t1,t2 tanks etc not just tech2 bots and 'kite'...

No, because that's just taking away from factional diversity, aeon and sera are meant to have better shielding lore-wise anyways, it goes with their tech

i think if thats what you mean mobile shields should stay the way they are.

bots where changed many times before but obsidian or shield wasnt. thats why.

i would remove mobile shield nerf btw, this is clearly buff for cybran but most ppl play cybran so its unlikely.
(cybran got 49% winrate and aeon got 44% and uef got 41%)

most ppl, example topplayer just makes like 10-25 tech2bots or less and goes tech3.
qai

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: QAI

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 29 May 2013, 16:59

that win rate is becase UEF play most of newbie, then of course theyr defeat, and when 3 fromo 4 fraction has low than 50% sera has 66% win ratio ? It dont look be real.

Imho this shild buff is nice and can bring some power on aeon T2 that it was realy lowest from all, and obsidian on price what it has is good? It cost 397mass thats same like 2 pilars, you think thats good enough? Im big fann of this changes,
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby qai » 29 May 2013, 17:07

Ithilis_Quo wrote:that win rate is becase UEF play most of newbie, then of course theyr defeat, and when 3 fromo 4 fraction has low than 50% sera has 66% win ratio ? It dont look be real.

Imho this shild buff is nice and can bring some power on aeon T2 that it was realy lowest from all, and obsidian on price what it has is good? It cost 397mass thats same like 2 pilars, you think thats good enough? Im big fann of this changes,

win rates i posted are all ladder maps stats totals, averaged.
yes i would like that tech2 for aeon gets better.( dont think its bad currently maybe weaker than others, faction difference. anyways tech2 gets skipped most of time so)
qai

Postby Ze_PilOt » 29 May 2013, 19:37

eXivo wrote:947343 best parts after 20.00

Oh I've already seen that game. And indeed, 24 auroras, 2 obsidians, one blaze and two shields can kill 2 chickens bot, 2 artys and 2 tanks.

What does that prove ?

The only "OP thing" is the AoE that luxun proposed, but Crazed and I agree, it will be removed.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby pip » 29 May 2013, 20:30

Ze_PilOt wrote:
eXivo wrote:947343 best parts after 20.00

Oh I've already seen that game. And indeed, 24 auroras, 2 obsidians, one blaze and two shields can kill 2 chickens bot, 2 artys and 2 tanks.

What does that prove ?

The only "OP thing" is the AoE that luxun proposed, but Crazed and I agree, it will be removed.

The AOE buff is meant to buff Obsidians by itself, not combined with shield and hp buff. So indeed, there needs to be a choice : wether to buff obsidians with shields / hp or with small AOE, but not both.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ze_PilOt » 29 May 2013, 20:44

There is no HP buff ?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby pip » 29 May 2013, 20:59

Ze_PilOt wrote:There is no HP buff ?

- Aeon obsidian health = 1250 (from 1000), shield = 1500 (from 1750), shield consumption to 5 (from 10).
- Obsidian : AOE = 1.3 (from 0). 4 hp regen per sec for the shield instead of 2.

The health hp is buffed (the unit is better when shield is depleted and with veterancy), and its shield really buffed too. It provides less hp but for half energy cost than before. The regen of ths shield is also increased (doubled). Overall, it's a big buff to the Obsidian defense.
So if you give a big buff to defense, and offense (AOE), it is likely the unit becomes overpowered.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 29 May 2013, 21:18

that he take more hp and less shild is buff? Thats somhint like bug that veterancy dont take bonus on shild too, this make hime only a litle more comporable with units taht dont has shild, and take massive bust by veterancy (when obsi take 1/3 of that bost). And pay for it 37,5 mass (for 2hild regen and absent of veterancy on shild) so this is not hp buff, its taking it more in normal from disadvantage.

and aoe is on fact that aeons dont has counter to T1 spamm, obsidian is against T1 (by the mass cost) very bad, and on T2 (becase owerfire the same unit and 4 sec ROF) too, so taking litle aoe will help agaist stoping spamm. Obsi cost same mass like 2 pillars/rhinos, must be similar threat, and has chance against spam what thas unit is making for.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Golol » 29 May 2013, 22:05

i already said that in an aeon t2 balance thread but i want to hear some pro opinions on this.
make obsidian reload 3 seconds and 360 damage per shot. i dont think it will be op since the chickenbot for example has basically 0.25 seconds reload 8dont know excactly, just guessing) and about 37 damage per shot. additionally it gets much more advantage from veterancy, has a bigger range, its faster, has less cost (because of pgens) and just 250 less hp.
i dont call it op because i think its balanced with the other factions. and its not bad that its an all in one unit.
you can argue that the shield of the aeon makes the difference but as said before changing the shield has too many other influences.
Golol
Contributor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: Golol

Postby qai » 30 May 2013, 00:42

just make this like in diamond mod:

"
UEF T2 Gatling Bot: Mongoose and Cybran T2 Rocket Bot: Hoplite
Heath normalized to 3599 levels mongoose 900, hoplite 650 -this optional to make up for speed balance
(not lowered like in 3603 mongoose 650, hoplite 450) -this optional to make up for speed balance
Speed lowered from 3.6 to 3.2
"

why speed change: slower units, like Obsidian will be more usefull and less likely to be KITED.
Bots would be still the 2nd fastest tech2 land units this way and still can be used to raid/kite.
Obsidian speed is 2.9 or 3.0 with this little difference aeon tech2 should become way less 'strain'.

"...people will find kiting difficult to control, should the Obsidian's commander take note and move in (or run away), the enemy bots will very likely not have enough time to turn/react fast enough... "

i suggest test this instead. sure i cant do it properly alone but i will try, otherwise this will be flushed down the toilet.
qai

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3626 beta