[SUGGESTION]Tweaks Totally not a troll post

[SUGGESTION]Tweaks Totally not a troll post

Postby Lyr » 16 Jan 2015, 23:23

Hey, just wanna say I totally enjoy the new patch. It's Greeeeat!

But I think we can improve on the vision that the patchers were going to go for.

1. Teching:

I think given how OP that t1 can be, especially given how factions are so diverse now, that you should be able to tech super fast. Like if you look at Starcraft, the first tech level lasts only like 3 minutes into the game! I think that being able to spam T2 factors with t1 engineers is a great improvement on the developers original concept! But I think we can improve on their original vision! We should make it that all factories not only can be constructed with T1 engineers, I think we should just do away with the other tiers altogether! Let's face it - we've never quite been able to figure out how to balance the different engineer techs - why bother? It only complicates things! Let's just have one kind of engineer!

2. Combat:

Why bother with all those different kinds of units if you can just produce one kind of unit type and use that to expose a weakness that your opponent never saw coming! I mean It's totally a reasonable strategy t o forgo micro and just jump a tech tier and run down your opponent with a higher tier right? I mean you reclaimed faster, and milked an extra 50 mass per minute than him. You totally deserve to win! The game should not be about micro, t hat just makes it inaccessible to newer players and players who have a higher rating than you. The game shouldn't be about cleverly managing your unit mixes, but just playing rock paper scissors! That's what SupCom gamers really want!

3. Production:

Why bother with the third tier, you should just be able to upgrade your buildings, maybe with an add-on or something so you can produce higher tech units after you've used your one unit type that your opponent couldn't possibly anticipate to gain economic advantage, that, let's face it, sim city amirite? Let's just let players upgrade whatever factory they want, to produce the units the one unit to to win the game, despite however many they lose. What's important is that people clicked the single button on the factory queue and then assisted with with those tierless engineers!

3. Economy:

It's time we admit that flow based economies are simply too complex for people to understand. What's important is that players try to balance their economies. As long as it doesn't get in the way of quickly using those mono-tier engineers to produce one or two kinds of units faster than their opponents so they don't get confused by that "balancing energy and economy production business, I think the game would be so much more accessible to anyone. Hey what do those pesky developers know , with their fancy vision for the project they put a couple of years of their life and countless hours of testing into? What the hell would they know right? Damn elitists right?

4. Faction diversity/"Skilll":

Screw that noise. Strategy isn't important. What's important is that you clicked the right buttons on your factory and your opponent didn't. What, you didn't click the right button? Oh well clearly you are a newb and deserved to lose. Balancing your economy with unit production is just a meaningless distraction. What's important is that everybody feels like they had fun. As long as they can comfortably sit with one faction and do the same thing over and over again and win, that's what is important - stop me if I am wrong?

What's really important is that players who openly flaunt the rules, exploit and/or cheat get to keep their arbitrary number. It doesn't matter if they make multiple accounts until they get it right! What's important is no matter how nefarious they are for cheating (whatever those motivations might be) that they get to keep on playing! Smurfing? Get some skill noob! If you learned to cheese and exploit like them clearly you would be good too! What's important in SupCom isn't macro based strategy a la chess, what's important is that you learn how to abuse every piece of broken code introduced by the venerable balance team who clearly are too busy proposing and implementing radical changes to the game when they could be doing some so mundane as checking their own work or bugstomping; I mean ain't nobody got time for that!

Storage:

Face it - this just confuses people - so why don't we make it so that empty storage doesn't mean anything except for some arbitrary abilities that turn your command into an avatar of destruction. What's important is that players feel like that they're playing Diablo III where everything melts away in the face of their relentless clicking. Like above, why both with all that silly maths stuff, just make it so that running out of resources is kinda meaningless, as long as the player can find something to meaninglessly click on. Am I right people? Running a 1400 Energy deficit with no appreciable penalty is totally realistic and clearly what the developers had intended when they built this game..

6. Vision:

Players never came to SupCom because of the promise it offered for a real vision. People came to to compare arbitrary numbers against each other. Why bother with all that gameplay nonsense? As long as they higher number wins over the lesser number, that's what's important; as long as unqualified players get to pull numbers from their backsides and get to fel like authorities - that's what SupCom is about! It's not a game just a vehicle for producing one type of uncounterable unit faster than your opponent! That's not only faction diversity, great production values, incredibly marketable to the braindead demographic but it also shows those bourgeois developers that we truly know what's best for the game!

So I recommend, just one kind of factory to produce one or two types of unit. Why bother with unit mixes, that's just needlessly complicated. We need to distill the essences of what the developers intended ! Mangaging economy? Well as long as it doesn't get in the way of producing or teching your way to that one or two invincible unit, that's what counts - amirite?
In fact let's just do away with the current storage system altogether! Why don't we just make it so that the game is about rushing to one kind of unit, and whoever gets there despite map control, or reasonable manoeuvre, as long as you can spam a single unit, then that's what really attracts the punters! I mean look at LoL of HoN, or DOTA! That's what people want, deciding on a strategy pregame and if the opponent just happens to choose an incompatible cheee..... tactic, then they should just learn to play? I mean before we started patching FAF the game was soooooo terrible. We clearly needed to change so much!

Community Consultation:

We should ensure at all times ensure that we should listen to what the community wants. There should be a rule those who protest the loudest and have the biggest conflict of interest get the first say. Hey if you disagree, that's your choice, just like perma banning you from the forums for pointing out "Hey that was some really crappy work you did there" - we need ensure the pure direction of FAF! As long as the community wants what the loudest minority want - then everything is harmonious in the world, even if people start clearly looking at alternatives! Alternatives? Isn't that some kind of rock music from the 90s? Wasn't limp bizkit alternative? You don't want to be like limp bizkit do you? Despite the stellar guitar work of Wes Borland.

We should just do the tinder model! Swipe left if you want to lose, swipe right if you want to win! - So simple and just distills the essence of what online gamine is about (or is it swipe right to lose and swipe left to win! I never quite figured that one out)
Lyr
Banned

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: [SUGGESTION]Tweaks

Postby D4E_Omit » 16 Jan 2015, 23:48

1; Why would you want this game to look like starcraft? If all games were the same it would be slight boring.. And having only 1 engineer kinds would make the game horribly bland and boring imho.

2; Why bother with all these different techs? Well because there is never 1 single unit that can deal with every situation. And this game is/was so popular because it was unique by the player having to rely on both tactics and strategy, if micro were to be removed it'd remove a whole other level of gameplay.

3; Add-ons were used in supcom 2, and you know what the only thing that game brought to the supcom series? HATE!

4; "It's time we admit that flow based economies are simply too complex for people to understand." just because you don't understand it doesn't mean alot of others dont.. Seriously this is just another thing that makes the game unique and fun compared to other RTS

5; Sounds like PA would be the game for you..

6; "Face it - this just confuses people" As said in 4 if you want all the hard things out of this game it'd be soooooo boring. And I'm pretty sure the flow economy is just logical because it's basically how cash works in real life..

7; "that's just needlessly complicated. " Man, you think even these things are complicated? It's pretty easy understanding the basics of this game, but if you seriously think all these things are so hard you might aswell go play supcom 2 or starcraft because they aren't going to change this game from something highly competitive to something horribly easy.
Sometimes, I just feel like I want to eat pancakes.
D4E_Omit

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: D4E_Omit

Postby Exotic_Retard » 16 Jan 2015, 23:58

hmmmmmmmm ....

6/10

i fell for it at first but the third paragraph gave it away :P

reasonable troll is reasonable i spose
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Neutrino » 17 Jan 2015, 00:00

I'm guessing this isn't 'for realsies'.
Neutrino

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Neutrino

Postby speed2 » 17 Jan 2015, 00:01

10/10 Im supporting all his suggestions

speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Lyr » 17 Jan 2015, 00:31

SAKO_X wrote:hmmmmmmmm ....

6/10

i fell for it at first but the third paragraph gave it away :P

reasonable troll is reasonable i spose

I was hoping for the last paragraph but I'm pretty drunk and Australian, so I guess that's a win by my culture's standards.
Lyr
Banned

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Return to off-topic