Engineer tweak

Engineer tweak

Postby Ze_PilOt » 15 Feb 2013, 18:15

Balance change: Tweak to engineers to make them less of a headache (less clusterfuck, less traffic jam, and most importantly, less lag). T1 engineer swarms just don't work well with this game's pathfinding, but rather than eliminate them, my suggestion should address the problem with the game engine. The change will let people naturally build what they want to build. This change is independent enough that there isn't a need to consider what other balance changes there are (ie engy redesign). Being good at micro managing engineers and land unit pathing is a skill that people are only proud of in big FA games. This change may take away their advantage of being familiar and working around pathfinding sluggishness, but I feel it will make the game more enjoyable for its strategy, not for adapting to the game engine's nuances; this solution also would help remedy the scenario where someone's avoiding strategies, due to the game's nuances making it difficult (due to more micro and attention required) to get it started. IE clearing out room to build a big experimental, or building a t3 navy out of a small harbor, or growing a t3 base working with a small plot of land.

I've opened the thread but it 100% sure that it won't be made for this patch. zock and rienzilla are working on it, would be better to participate in their thread.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: Engineer tweak

Postby ColonelSheppard » 15 Feb 2013, 18:46

I'm against this. I want to keep the gameplay as it is now. If you have many engys you get pathfinding problems, thats ok.
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby eXivo » 15 Feb 2013, 18:54

this is zock's change?
Be inspired to learn. Then aspire to disturb.
eXivo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_eXivo

Postby Voodoo » 15 Feb 2013, 18:59

ColonelSheppard wrote:I'm against this. I want to keep the gameplay as it is now. If you have many engys you get pathfinding problems, thats ok.

The bigger problem is the sim speed of the game. I would like to see a change here, but i realy can't imagine the best way.
Read Zocks thread before you are posting here would be helpfull, they discussed many solutions already.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby Zock » 15 Feb 2013, 19:02

eXivo wrote:this is zock's change?

No, Rienzilla and me don't plan to suggest our mod to the official balance until its finished, balanced and tested.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby Ze_PilOt » 15 Feb 2013, 19:12

I've opened the thread because it was voted in, but I will close it because it won't make it to this patch and so much effort is already put elsewhere.

It's not personal to the guy proposing the change, I don't even remember who he is, but I hope he will understand.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Return to off-topic