FAF official UI and icon mod?

FAF official UI and icon mod?

Postby Arx » 12 Feb 2013, 13:33

It's good to have some offical UI mods.
Like GAZUI and other nice UI mods, which have none balance impact, and can be disabled very easily.
And make strategic icons able to zoom to 100%,150%,200% large by option.
Arx
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Arx

Re: FAF official UI and icon mod?

Postby eXcalibur » 12 Feb 2013, 21:48

i totally agree with you.
mods like graphicenhancement mod v1.1 would be perfect, too.

when you could activate ui mods with a simple click, many people (who do not read this forum, do not know the difference of ui mods and "regular" mods and do not know how to search and install mods) can benefit from a better UI and better graphics...

the only way ui mods could be included into faf is in a (ui mod only) mod vault. it could be a nice to start with and maybe it could get expanded into a full mod vault later on.
unfortunately, nobody really cares about this (look at the results of the survey).

sheppard will tell us for sure: "you are a bunch of idiots. nobody needs this!"
ze_pilot is clearly in a huge project (galactic war) and he needs to concentrate on that.

a while ago ze_pilot stopped to add new features to the faf lobby. the only way this ui mod vault can be added is to do it ourselves or to find and convince somebody to do it. i have a basic knowledge of c++ and i have looked on the code of the lobby, but i did not understand the file structure and the programing language.
the best chance is to ask raging_squirrel for advice. he is programing the new replay vault. when you know how the replay vault and the featured mods are done, the ui mod vault should not be so hard to implement.
eXcalibur
Priest

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: eXcalibur

Re: FAF official UI and icon mod?

Postby ColonelSheppard » 12 Feb 2013, 22:05

I encourage you to make this yourself, but most likely noboby will make it.
If i learned one thing about FAF already then it is that you have to do things yourself if you want them to happen.
Spoiler: show
eXcalibur wrote:"you are a bunch of idiots"

i'm very sure i never said that
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Return to off-topic