Looking for map maker for my concept

Interesting mapping tools and mapping help.

Moderator: Morax

Looking for map maker for my concept

Postby Mad`Mozart » 09 Feb 2015, 13:30

Ok, so i have a pretty neat concept of 1v1 map in mind (at least it looks neat in my eyes), but i lack the skill to make it an actual map. So i figured maybe i could find someone who is good at map making to collaborate and throw it together :)

What is needed from you:
- couple maps already done so that i know you can do it and this one will be done too
- following my concept and instructions and not arguing about them :)

What is my role:
- providing said map concept with awesome 2015 paint skills
- having a final say in how map is balanced (mex/hydro/reclaim numbers and position, start positions, access to different map areas)
- playtesting the map for more precise balancing

It will be a 20km land/naval map and map name is out of question! I already have a cool name i want to give to it, so you just have to deal with :roll:

Its not that you'll have to strictly follow everything i say and will have no freedom in what you do. As i said, i just have the idea (pretty clear though) of a decent and fun to play map. I think i have enough experience in this game to make one but i dont have the skill. Last time i tried was my first time using both photoshop and map editor and it ended up in countless hours of doing, trimming and redoing heightmap over and over again. At some point i just lost motivation and gave up :)
All the details (like hydro/mex/reclaim position and numbers, access to map areas, etc) will be added/changed in process and playtested to make sense. Its the part of the map that matters most to me so i want to have a final word here, everything else that is not related to map balance is up to you :)

If the map will ever get finished i will surely attempt to push it into the ladder pool and if its a well made map - it has no reason not to be added and recognized :)
Ah and of course you can alter the map however you like afterwards.
Mad`Mozart
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

Re: Looking for map maker for my concept

Postby Blodir » 09 Feb 2015, 13:46

Map design is the fun part. Actually making a map reality is pretty painful. Doubt you'll find anyone who wants to limit their creative freedom like this
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby Mad`Mozart » 09 Feb 2015, 13:49

Yeah i know i have little chance but i gotta try anyway.
I like my idea so much :)
Mad`Mozart
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby ozonex » 09 Feb 2015, 15:43

I can try to make it, but not today. Maybe tomorrow or in worst scenario on Wednesday. 2 of my maps was already in lader (desert arena, ozone islands) so I should be skilled enough to do what you want.
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.605 > Get it now!
ozonex
Priest

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 263 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Postby andybe » 17 Apr 2015, 11:30

I shall be your slave master. Will be good practice :D
The map epic battle is only 2 days or 8 workhours old... So clearly it is still in rough shape. I can do mich Vetter given enough time :)
andybe
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: andybe

Return to Mapping