map upload broken.

Interesting mapping tools and mapping help.

Moderator: Morax

map upload broken.

Postby roseneath » 20 Feb 2014, 00:53

made a new map.

using the unofficial hazard map editor because despite having the vanilla and patches the editor refuses to work. i thought it was because i was on steam but apparently not. none of the fixes work.

the issue im having now is that the unnofficial map editor wont recognise the steam version...

i know this because it worked on a previous fa that was not on steam (i dont have it anymore)

ive built a map i want to play it, it runs fine using the vanilla however when i try to upload it to the vault i get error message saying cannot find type.

i think its because the unoficial version is not saving the image preview or adding a dds file. ive tried to fix that but cant. any solutions would be a help. or rather if any person has a few minutes spare pls just convert the map for me even if it simply means opening the map and re saving it using a working editor.
roseneath
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: roseneath

Re: map upload broken.

Postby Dragonfire » 20 Feb 2014, 01:23

1. There is no fa map editor
2. did you make the map playable for FA? http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/MapEditTutorial_Lesson_3
3. Can you attach the map to your post in the forum?
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Postby roseneath » 28 Feb 2014, 05:35

it was the lua script missing type. and a few other issues. fixed now.
roseneath
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: roseneath

Postby Dragonfire » 28 Feb 2014, 11:50

Btw... Rework pkanned ;)
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Return to Mapping