World borders not proberly working

Interesting mapping tools and mapping help.

Moderator: Morax

World borders not proberly working

Postby McGeifer » 08 Jan 2014, 14:06

Hi,

a couple of days ago I found a nice water map in the map vault to fight against some Ais. After downloading and starting the map I must find out that my Acu spawns out of the map so I can't do anythink. After searching the map in the vault again there where a comment with the solution to deactivate the map borders in FA. Ok this works but looks ugly.

After deleting some build restrictions for this map I try to figure out where the problem ist with this world borders. First I added a playable are with the map editor and defined it in the script.lua. After this steps the map seems ok but you can't open it again in the map editor. Mhmm ok... now I try to play it out of the FAF client. All seems fine, the map is in the map list and FA start without a error but after joining the game lobby FA switch to another map. The map is no longer insinde the map list of FA but in the list of FAF.

Mhmm so I undo all my changes and the map works again with the border problem.

In the past I build maybe 5 or 6 maps even asymetrical maps with 5x20 dimensions and the only bug I got is that the mexes in the large preview are no shown correctly but never got this map border problem. Some of my maps have a playable area some not so the playable area seems to be no solution to fix it.

I really hope someone can help me with this problem, there must be a solution to fix this.

The map in the vault is called "Harbours TeamPlayAI"
McGeifer
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: McGeifer

Re: World borders not proberly working

Postby Dragonfire » 08 Jan 2014, 14:47

If you disable the world border (F10 -> Options -> Interface) all is fine. I think the problem is the map dimension.
Create a 20x20 map with a 10x20 playable area:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6159&start=20#p61363
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: Dragonfire

Postby McGeifer » 08 Jan 2014, 16:54

mhmm .. but one of my maps is a 5x10 too and there are no problems with the map border. Creating a map with 20x20 and a playable are aof 10x20 sounds like a clean way but it means that I must rebuild the entirety map and this is no option for me. Sure the highmap is no problem but all the textures and decals has to be placed completely new by me.

Disabling the map borders work without a doubt, but if you fully zoom out is looks crappy.
McGeifer
Contributor

Postby Dragonfire » 08 Jan 2014, 18:07

Export all Stratum, Texture, decals, resize them and import them again ;)
But yes, it is a lot to do.
Maybe somebody else have a better idea.

McGeifer wrote:mhmm .. but one of my maps is a 5x10 too and there are no problems with the map border.

Which one?
My native language is not english, please correct me, because I want to improve my skills # Resource Overview
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Postby McGeifer » 08 Jan 2014, 18:31

It's called "AI Wars v1.0" in the map vault. It's a 5x10 map without a defined playable area but working map borders.
McGeifer
Contributor

Postby Dragonfire » 08 Jan 2014, 21:09

McGeifer wrote:It's called "AI Wars v1.0" in the map vault. It's a 5x10 map without a defined playable area but working map borders.

That is a 5x10 map ...(horizontal)
the other map is 20x10 (vertical)

Maybe that is a problem (FA Bug?)
Dragonfire
Evaluator

Postby McGeifer » 09 Jan 2014, 00:40

Hm I don't know, could be possible. I will try it out in the next days.
McGeifer
Contributor

Postby LetMeCangels » 25 Feb 2014, 20:12

As far as i know the height of your mountains are the problem. There is maximum of difference between the lowest and the highest point. If that threshold is overstepped u have to turn off world borders.
LetMeCangels

Has liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: LetMeCangels

Return to Mapping