Scripting maps

Interesting mapping tools and mapping help.

Moderator: Morax

Scripting maps

Postby baldfriend » 21 Dec 2013, 15:35

I would like to create a map which will give each team a nuke facillity, but i want to make sure that it will not get ctrl kd to get the reclaim so i would like to know a few things.......

1) Is it possible to make the nuclear facillity belong to everyone on the team? (i.e if one team member dies the nuke facillity is still there)

2) is there a way to make it so the nuke can not be ctrl kd

3) and if it is destroyed, i would prefer that it will not leave a wreckage with gagillion mass for the team that lost it

Any help would be greatly appriciated :D
baldfriend

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: baldfriend

Re: Scripting maps

Postby The Mak » 22 Dec 2013, 05:05

I am still learning the scripting aspect of the game but I can tell you what I have seen from other maps that may help you.

Here are a couple ideas:

Option 1: You can create a nuke launcher for each team by assigning it to the first player for each team. If that player dies you can write a script that creates a new nuke launcher for the next player of the team. You can set how many nukes can be set in the launcher so the team does not lose the nukes that have been built from the previous launcher, but it will lose the nuke that was under construction.

These nuke launchers can be set to non-selectable, indestructible, immune to reclaim, and not able to be captured (just like an ACU or SCU is). This will prevent the launcher from being destroyed or reclaimed. Since the nuke launchers are non-selectable no one will be able to select it. So how do you fire it? You can create a UI element that can access the nuke launcher and you can have it pause production and fire the nuke at specific spot. There was such a control in one of the campaign maps where you had to direct (I think) civilian trucks via move pings. The UI element though may need to be done through a mod though.

Option 2: Create two civilian nukes with all the attributes above plus the ability to generate their own resources to build nukes. Create for each player a fire control building that has all the same attributes except be selectable. This building will be used to target and fire the nukes from the team's nuke launcher. Take a look at the Zone Control maps to get an idea how to do this.

As for your last question, you can set the build cost and health independent of each other. You can have a unit that takes 10 units of mass and energy to be built but has health of 1,000,000 hit points with crazy high health regen. This way when it dies it will only leave 8 units of mass to be reclaimed. Each of these is a separate parameter that you can assign any value you want.
The Mak
Contributor

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: The_Mak

Re: Scripting maps

Postby baldfriend » 22 Dec 2013, 12:23

All interesting stuff Mak thanks alot for the reply, i really like the second option! as it will not drain any starting mass from a player, Great idea :p im hoping that this civilian building will be able to be assisted by engineers, so as to decrease the build time of a silo. Ill defanatly take a look at the Zone control map, Ill let you know how I go and post back if i have any trouble :ugeek:
baldfriend

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: baldfriend

Return to Mapping