Regor VI Highlands

Interesting mapping tools and mapping help.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Regor VI Highlands

Postby Lionhardt » 23 Feb 2014, 06:51

sure, why not^^
Help me make better maps for all of us, visit my Mapping Thread.

Maps needing gameplay feedback:
Spoiler: show
[list updated last: 31.1.2018]

(maps available in the vault)

- Hexagonian Drylands
- Fervent Soil and Torrid Suns

YouTube Channel
Lionhardt
Contributor

Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 144 times
FAF User Name: Lionhardt

Postby Omnipotent » 23 Aug 2014, 10:52

Very nice map Lion, I rated it a 5/5 because we don't see many map makers put in the effort to detail their maps like that.

Having said that, like my "Genesis" maps the clifs' decals sometimes flicker. I suspect this is because you have used too many or copied and pasted too many of the same kind of cliff decal. I think there is a limit for every map but I don't know how the official maps get away with putting so many... Maybe it's the v60 thing all over again... Anyways...

I cannot suggest a fix and you've taken appropriate measures to adjust the fadeout to compensate which I like.
The heightmap is excellent.
Mass points seem balanced, thought I would be inclined to move the T2 Transport wrecks just a little closer to the centre. Like on the clover looking parts. Otherwise it just means that the side players will get the mass with little input.
Lonely Hydrocarbons? Only air, hover and amphib units can go after it? Not to mention that if someone wants to build adjacent energy storage to the hydrocarbons (to the right and left) they can't as they are too close to the borders of the map. So the sides facing away from the centre cannot be built.
Desert rock props look like peanuts on this map.

This map is a very good map whatever the case. The only immediate fix necessary is the Hydrocarbons.

Kind regards.
1 Sulphur Mounds, Sulphur Lake, and Open Combat
2 Coastal Bridge v2
3 Burner, Burner II
4 Fortress Ascent
5 Gap Of Genesis
6 Genesis VI, Genesis IV
7 Coastal Aisles
8 Hypothermia
9 The Requisite
10 New Wonder
11 New Zeta Wonder
Omnipotent
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Omnipotent

Postby Lionhardt » 23 Aug 2014, 13:16

Cool, some detailed suggestions at last. I appreciate it.

The map is a 1v1 map first and foremost. How it plays in 2v2s is of little concern. The wrecks are placed accordingly. Moving them would imo reduce the 1v1 quality in favor of the 2v2 one. I only made the map 2v2 capable because some people asked me to do it back then.
As for the hydros: True, but honestly nobody who knows what they are doing builds energy storages all 'round their hydro anyway. But I can move it a few squares inward.
About the desert rocks: Yea... I was never really sure about them myself. But there are so few evergreen rocks...

And the decals flickering problem... I almost lost my mind combating it.
Help me make better maps for all of us, visit my Mapping Thread.

Maps needing gameplay feedback:
Spoiler: show
[list updated last: 31.1.2018]

(maps available in the vault)

- Hexagonian Drylands
- Fervent Soil and Torrid Suns

YouTube Channel
Lionhardt
Contributor

Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 144 times
FAF User Name: Lionhardt

Postby TheRedViper » 07 Aug 2015, 17:22

Hello Lionhardt, never seen you on FAF before, I'm relativly new to this game so you don't know me either. Anyway, I wanted to express my gratitude for this map! I only play 1v1s mostly and I've quite a few original SupCom FA maps on my top 10 map list which I usually prefer over costum maps, but this one is special... This map is probably my favorite 1v1 map. This is fantastic work! Thank you very much for taking the time to make a map as good as this. Impressive.

-Viper
"Also, what the f*** was that buildorder you whore" -Kalvirox
TheRedViper

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 26 times
FAF User Name: TheRedViper

Postby Kalvirox » 07 Aug 2015, 18:14

Adding to what Viper said.
This is probably one of my most played maps, if not the most played map. I use it for teaching people how to play 1v1's and it's one of the first maps I think of when I come to create a custom 1v1.
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 133 times
FAF User Name: Kalvirox

Previous

Return to Mapping