SupCom Map Editor Tutorial! & DL link

Interesting mapping tools and mapping help.

Moderator: Morax

Re: SupCom Map Editor Tutorial! & DL link

Postby Reddev32 » 03 Jun 2014, 23:14

Kalvirox wrote:Oh, I presumed that upon install it automatically patched to the latest version (since most games do this in my experience).

EDIT: Still has not fixed it.. I'm on the latest version, 1.1.3280 (or whatever, its that one)..

I wonder if steam has modified the files in the bin folder so that the editor wont work :(.

Is it possible to install the dvd version on the game and patch then try?
Reddev32 ~ Reddev GPGnet ~ Obliterating Wave ~ GPGnet ~ SC-Vanilla ~ FA ~ Supcom 2

GPGnet Vault
Reddev32
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Reddev32

Postby The Mak » 04 Jun 2014, 06:21

You can run the map editor just fine with the Steam Version of SupCom Vanilla, which is Version 1.1.0

The DVD version of SupCom Vanilla needs to be patched to Version 1.1.3280
The Mak
Contributor

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: The_Mak

Postby Kalvirox » 04 Jun 2014, 14:26

Reddev32 wrote:
Kalvirox wrote:Oh, I presumed that upon install it automatically patched to the latest version (since most games do this in my experience).

EDIT: Still has not fixed it.. I'm on the latest version, 1.1.3280 (or whatever, its that one)..

I wonder if steam has modified the files in the bin folder so that the editor wont work :(.

Is it possible to install the dvd version on the game and patch then try?

I am using the dvd version. ... so that's that out of the window immediately.

EDIT: OK so I used my normal computer science logic (leave it a few days and it will magically fix itself) and now it works.. thanks for trying to solve the issue.
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 133 times
FAF User Name: Kalvirox

Postby belatedcube » 26 Dec 2014, 08:28

I can't get the map editor to work. whenever I try to open it I get an error saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application." I have it in the bin folder of the vanilla supcom (steam version). I would really really like some help (FAST).
[BC]Totaltuna: always look before you tab
belatedcube

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: belatedcube1021

Postby speed2 » 31 Mar 2015, 00:29

Im making FAF version of Map Editor Tutorial from Supcom wiki, yes I copied it from there. Im adding new pictures for mode details. New content thats missing there. And also there's gonna be page how to set it up all to work with FAF, from installating to copying all files needed to work with FA. And much more, pretty much every info I found so far.
For now it looks like this: http://wiki.faforever.com/index.php?title=Map_Editor

Anyone who knows about improvement can add it, its wiki afterall. I ll accept any help.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Previous

Return to Mapping