Map Editor FAQ

Interesting mapping tools and mapping help.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Map Editor FAQ

Postby Combo » 29 Mar 2013, 18:53

Actually nevermind this. The current map vault doesn't even upload custom texture dds files. The rename was circumventing that. They updated the map vault today to accept .dds files so when the next FAF client is released it will be fixed (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3466).
Combo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: theCombo

Postby McGeifer » 30 Mar 2013, 16:22

Hey,

I got some serious problems with a map I built over the last days.

1. In the preview window of FA the starting positions of each player is outside of the map and I can't find the problem. The markes are set and the ACU spawns correctly ingame.

2. I set some defense buildings (ARMY_9) over the map. Now I'm trying to ally these buildings with the two AI players (ARMY_3 & ARMY_4) so that these buildings attacking the human players (ARMY_1 & ARMY_2) but not the units from ARMY_3 & ARMY_4.

What do I do?

I hope somebody can help me.
McGeifer
Contributor

Has liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: McGeifer

Postby Prince__ » 30 Mar 2013, 18:42

McGeifer wrote:1. In the preview window of FA the starting positions of each player is outside of the map and I can't find the problem. The markes are set and the ACU spawns correctly ingame.

Well if so, I would take an ingame picture and replace it with the same name of course.

McGeifer wrote:2. I set some defense buildings (ARMY_9) over the map. Now I'm trying to ally these buildings with the two AI players (ARMY_3 & ARMY_4) so that these buildings attacking the human players (ARMY_1 & ARMY_2) but not the units from ARMY_3 & ARMY_4.

I never tried it but if you wanna ally them to the enemy AI I would add the buldings in the ARMY_3 and ARMY_4 instead of ARMY_9 because the 9 one is only reserved for Civillians.
Prince__
Priest

Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: UES_Prince

Postby McGeifer » 31 Mar 2013, 11:29

Well if so, I would take an ingame picture and replace it with the same name of course.

thx but the problem is that the little preview in the gamelobby where you choose your startingpositions by a mouseclick is always wrong and shows the startingpositions out of the map...

And i got another question. Will the mass and hydro symboles in the large prieview of the lobby created automaticly or did I have to do it manual ?Maybe they will created when I upload the map to the FAF map vault.

(hope my english is good enougth to explain what a I mean)
McGeifer
Contributor

Postby Prince__ » 31 Mar 2013, 13:44

Well I can not really help you now. I need to see the map , uploading would be great.
By the way ,die the ally thing work ?

(Send from m. Phone)
Prince__
Priest

Postby McGeifer » 31 Mar 2013, 17:40

Hey,

the map is in the map vault called "AI Wars v1.0"

The big preview picture was created after the upload so this question is answered by myself :D

I try to give the units ARMY_3 or ARMY_4 but the ACU of this player dont spawn. For now the buildings are normal neutral civilians but I hope somebody could help me to solve this "problem". Maybe some additional code is needed, i don't know....
McGeifer
Contributor

Postby johnie102 » 07 Apr 2013, 17:45

McGeifer, I found this in the script for the map Survival_5thdimension, maybe it will help.
Code: Select all
   -- loop through armies
   for i, Army in ListArmies() do
      -- check if it's a human army
      if (Army == "ARMY_1" or Army == "ARMY_2" or Army == "ARMY_3" or Army == "ARMY_4" or Army == "ARMY_5" or Army == "ARMY_6" or Army == "ARMY_7" or Army == "ARMY_8") then

ScenarioFramework.AddRestriction(Army, categories.WALL); -- don't allow them to build walls
         ScenarioFramework.AddRestriction(Army, categories.AIR); -- don't allow them to build air stuff

-- loop through other armies to ally with other human armies
         for x, ArmyX in ListArmies() do
            -- if human army
            if (ArmyX == "ARMY_1" or ArmyX == "ARMY_2" or ArmyX == "ARMY_3" or ArmyX == "ARMY_4" or ArmyX == "ARMY_5" or ArmyX == "ARMY_6" or ArmyX == "ARMY_7" or ArmyX == "ARMY_8") then
               SetAlliance(Army, ArmyX, 'Ally');
            end
         end         

SetAlliance(Army, "ARMY_SURVIVAL_ALLY", 'Ally'); -- friendly AI team
         SetAlliance(Army, "ARMY_SURVIVAL_ENEMY", 'Enemy');  -- enemy AI team

SetAlliedVictory(Army, true); -- can win together of course :)
      end
   end

SetAlliance("ARMY_SURVIVAL_ALLY", "ARMY_SURVIVAL_ENEMY", 'Enemy'); -- the friendly and enemy AI teams should be enemies
johnie102

Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: johnie102

Postby Z0nE » 08 Apr 2013, 14:37

Hey guys,
I am new to mapping and now I have the first problem that I really can not solve on my own. I went through the mapping tuorial in the supcom wiki and I think i havent made any misstakes, but somehow the map is not playable. Its really hard to explain so I am just going to attach the map files.

I hope you guys can make that map playable, because I thing its quiet interesting.

Thanks
Attachments
Jungle Valley.zip
(372.93 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Z0nE
Crusader

FAF User Name: Z0nE

Postby Prince__ » 08 Apr 2013, 17:56

What an awful mistake from you. :)
Under Layers ~> games ~> Configurations you named standart with t and not with d

NICE 1v1 map. ;)
Prince__
Priest

Postby ColonelSheppard » 29 Apr 2013, 21:14

I have a problem with a the official mapeditor:
When ever i want to load, or create a map the editor crashes: Windows -> "Program is not working anymore"

inofficial works fine, win 7
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping