I created my first map and have a few questions.

Interesting mapping tools and mapping help.

Moderator: Morax

I created my first map and have a few questions.

Postby Raseri » 23 May 2020, 21:46

Hello everyone!
And I apologize for my knowledge of English!
After spending some time in the fafmapeditor_alpha_v0606_vip9 I got a map.
Spoiler: show

I added an adaptive script from CookieNoob (with the ability to play up to four people with spawn related resources), path markers for AI, mass, hydros, reclaims and everything seems to work for me, however, before loading the map into the vault, I want to make sure that there will definitely be no problems.

My questions:
1) The editor has the option of creating a preview image with the labels of resources and starting locations, but it does not work correctly - I can only get an image of a map without labels.
Should I somehow conquer this problem and be sure to put a preview image in the folder with the map with all the necessary graphic information or will the preview image be generated somehow when the map is loaded into the vault?
(like this:
Image)
2) When I looked at other maps in the Downlord's FAF client, I saw an option in the descriptions of the maps: "for a ranked game - yes".
As I understand it, this means either the ability of the map to be used in 1x1 ladder games or the fact that victory or defeat will affect the rating.
As you can see, my map is a biiiii~it asymmetrical.
I tried to arrange all the resources as symmetrically as possible and if you look at the landscape, you will notice that it, in fact, provides the same accessibility to movement for ground units, just some heights on one side of the map correspond to water barriers to the other.
It seems to me that my map does not provide unfair conditions for one of the side but... I think it would be nice to be sure of this.
Who can I contact on this issue?
(In case the suitability for a rating game is set automatically when a map is loaded)
3) Assuming that my map is suitable for ranking fights, including 1x1 ladder, how can I make sure that an adaptive script (which allows you to play including 2x2 and implies four starting positions) will not prevent players from appearing in the correct positions?
The adaptive script needs to be somehow configured for a 1x1 ladder or it is enough that the tags ARMY_1 and ARMY_2 (first two slots for players) are correctly located on the map?

Here is the map in the archive so you can look at it closer and in action:
https://www49.zippyshare.com/v/GqleJej2/file.html
Last edited by Raseri on 24 May 2020, 06:06, edited 5 times in total.
Raseri

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Raseri

Re: I created my first map and have a few questions.

Postby Raseri » 23 May 2020, 21:47

Due to the fact that I am a new user, I was not allowed to attach to the post neither the image of the map nor the archive with it, lol.
So I was forced to post pictures and a link to download the map in a comment (right here), and then move this to a post.
Raseri

Postby biass » 24 May 2020, 08:48

Raseri wrote:will the preview image be generated somehow when the map is loaded into the vault?

It will generate an image for you, yes.

Raseri wrote:Who can I contact on this issue?

https://discord.gg/gN4SdPb And ask Morax.

Raseri wrote:how can I make sure that an adaptive script (which allows you to play including 2x2 and implies four starting positions) will not prevent players from appearing in the correct positions?

Ladder would just load your map as it was with no setting changes, so however it appears in a lobby without you changing anything is how the map works in ladder.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Raseri » 24 May 2020, 16:57

Thank you so much! :D
Raseri

Return to Mapping