Which editor is good for editing ,adding / fixing markers?

Interesting mapping tools and mapping help.

Moderator: Morax

Which editor is good for editing ,adding / fixing markers?

Postby Zsombi » 14 Sep 2017, 16:06

I have tried to add, fix or just modify markers on certain maps, with very little success thus far.
What tools work well for this task?

I tried using the Hazard Marker Editor, which is okay when adding markers when there are none (excluding army markers). However when i open anything, most maps' marker grid appears way off the map area, even the marker placement positions (x,y,z) are way off.

For example, opening "Red River TeamPlay_AI" in HazME upon loading it shows the map area at the center but I can only see the markers if I scroll quite a lot towards the lower right direction. Looking at the ARMY_1 position the x value alone is 5250.00 already.
Now, opening the same map in FAME shows the markers "normally" but then the map area is not loaded. But looking at the ARMY_1 position here, the x value is 52.50. Another thing is that sometimes SorianAi complains about missing markers even if they are placed but with FAME and not HazME.

I haven't been able to use any of them with much success. :( Last time I tried redoing the ai markers on "island zero" with the HazME when I opened it in the game all army positions were messed up and couldn't even select them in the lobby; then when I looked at it in the editor again all markers were in the upper left corner.

Another question, is the FAFME that is being made intended to be an (more or less) all on one tool for heightmap, terrain, markers and scripts as well? What I've seen about it so far suggests that, it also seems easier to use than others available now. It would really make things a lot more easier. :)
Zsombi

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Zsombi

Return to Mapping