svenni_badbwoi's maps

Interesting mapping tools and mapping help.

Moderator: Morax

Re: svenni_badbwoi's maps

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 18 Dec 2019, 23:23

adaptive skadi_poster+marker_v1.jpg
adaptive skadi_poster+marker_v1.jpg (666.58 KiB) Viewed 5875 times

ADAPTIVE SKADI

The abandoned Aeon outpost on the ice planet Skadi (named after the Norse goddess of hunting, winter and mountains) moves back into focus due to its strategic position in the current war effort. It will be a difficult battle. In addition to your opponent, you must constantly watch out for huge icebergs that calve from the seaside of the ice shelf.

Player: 2-14 (1v1-7v7)
Size: 20x20 km
Prop value: 83.047 mass; 3120 energy
Total adaptive reclaim value: 138.991 mass; 3120 energy
Latest version: 2

Info:
-Rotated and transformed real world map of the area around Tiger Mountain State Forest (Seattle). The heightmap was obtained from terrain.party (USGS shaded relief).
-The map contains a custom map decal to achieve an authentic look. Loading time is now decreased to 2-5s ̶1̶0̶-̶1̶5̶s̶ (once transit screen freezes). --> If you like the custom decal,try Mangala Fossa or Salt and Pepper or DeathStorm's map.
-AI Marker: Yes --> Adaptive Sorian expands better and thus beats Adaptive Uveso AI
-AI Marker: Improved adaptive map script, now only adds the needed marker to the Scenario.MasterChain --> thx to uveso

Adaptive Features:
-Dynamic Spawn Of Resources (mirror slots, used slots, no mirror = no resources, XvX setup) --> default: mirror slots
-Crazyrush (forward crazyrush mexes (4 mexes), crazyrush 1 core mex, crazyrush) --> default: disabled
-Core Mexes (3 or 4) --> default: 4
-Extra Hydros (0 or 14) --> default: 14
-Civilian's (disabled, wreckage or operational T1 - T2/T3) --> default: T1 wrecks (PD+AA)
-Wreckage (disabled, T1 - T4) --> default: T1 wrecks
-Natural Reclaim Values (0-300%) --> default: 100%
-Jamming (add a Seraphim jamming crystal to every civilian hydro position) --> default: disabled
-Integrated resource balance (adaptive marker distribution) --> To compensate for the loss of mexes to additional players, each spawn point/expansion gains one mex per active player

Mapping tools:
-WM (heightmap creation (based on original terrain.party data), strata masks, normal map creation)
-GIMP (normal map to decal)
-Unity (scaling and placement of decal)
-GPG/SupCom editor (final texturing, final props, heightmap fixes, lighting, waves)
-Inkscape (marker planning, tool masks)
-FAF editor (marker, units)

adaptive skadi_compare_v1.jpg
adaptive skadi_compare_v1.jpg (624.24 KiB) Viewed 5875 times

adaptive skadi.jpg
adaptive skadi.jpg (446.86 KiB) Viewed 5809 times
Last edited by svenni_badbwoi on 16 Feb 2020, 12:30, edited 22 times in total.
svenni_badbwoi

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 44 times
FAF User Name: svenni_badbwoi

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 18 Dec 2019, 23:40

Wow, it really took me a year to create a new map :o :lol:
I had my focus on Supreme Props -I hope you like the integration- and GPG maps fixes.
"Winter is coming"... enjoy Skadi and feel free to drop some feedback.
svenni_badbwoi

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 21 Dec 2019, 11:58

I decided to share some development details of Skadi. Instead of deleting these workflow pictures I recycled them to this...
svenni_badbwoi

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 02 Feb 2020, 23:57

adaptive salt and pepper_poster+marker_v1.jpg
adaptive salt and pepper_poster+marker_v1.jpg (557.73 KiB) Viewed 5526 times

ADAPTIVE SALT AND PEPPER

Due to the constantly increasing demand for resources, the UEF leadership opposed the will of the population and transformed this formerly water-rich and blooming planet into a salt desert in just 36 years. In order to take revenge, the remaining residents have formed an alliance with the Seraphim.

Player: 2-6 (1v1-3v3)
Size: 5x5 km
Prop reclaim value: 7.748 mass; 9.085 energy
Default adaptive reclaim value: 10.000 mass, 9.085 energy (props & units)
Total adaptive reclaim value: 45.568 mass; 9.085 energy (props & units)
Latest version: 3

Info:
-v2 contains a custom map decal. now with better resolution and lower loading time 2-5s ̶8̶-̶1̶0̶s̶ (once transit screen freezes) --> If you like the custom decal,try Mangala Fossa, Skadi or DeathStorm's map.
-AI Marker: Yes --> Adaptive Uveso AI beats Adaptive Sorian AI
-AI Marker: Improved adaptive map script, now only adds the needed marker to the Scenario.MasterChain --> thx to uveso
-Skybox included --> source official v60 map "Flooded Strip Mine" (X1MP_014)
-v3 ensures symmetry for all wrecks --> the naval wrecks got somehow moved by 1 game unit while mapping.

Adaptive Features:
-Dynamic Spawn Of Resources (mirror slots, used slots, no mirror = no resources, XvX setup) --> default: mirror slots
-Crazyrush (forward crazyrush mexes (2 mexes), crazyrush 1 core mex, crazyrush) --> default: disabled
-Core Mexes (3 or 4) --> default: 3
-Civilian's (disabled, wreckage or operational T1 - T2/T3) --> default: T1 wrecks (Base)
-Wreckage (disabled, T1 - T4) --> default: T1 wrecks
-Natural Reclaim Values (0-300%) --> default: 100%
-Jamming (add a Seraphim jamming crystal to the map center) --> default: disabled
-Integrated resource balance (adaptive marker distribution) --> 4 additional mexes will spawn if all spots are occupied

Mapping tools:
-Inkscape (heightmap idea as grey steps, marker planning)
-WM (heightmap creation (based on inkscape), strata, masks, normal map creation)
-GIMP (normal map to decal)
-Unity (scaling and placement of decal)
-GPG/SupCom editor (texturing, heightmap fixes, lighting)
-FAF editor (marker, units, skybox)
-b2ag's scmap mirror tool (final heigthmap, props, strata)

adaptive salt and pepper_compare_v1.jpg
adaptive salt and pepper_compare_v1.jpg (525.67 KiB) Viewed 5526 times

apdaptive salt and pepper_t4_wreckage_operational T3 civilians_skybox.jpg
apdaptive salt and pepper_t4_wreckage_operational T3 civilians_skybox.jpg (513.8 KiB) Viewed 5526 times
Last edited by svenni_badbwoi on 16 Feb 2020, 12:27, edited 7 times in total.
svenni_badbwoi

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 07 Feb 2020, 21:19

Improvements!

Adaptive Salt and Pepper .v0003
Now contains a custom map decal with better resolution and lower loading time 2-5s ̶8̶-̶1̶0̶s̶ (once transit screen freezes).
I also tweaked the settings of strata 6 (6.0 -> 10.0).
And ensured symmetry for all wrecks. The naval wrecks got somehow moved by 1 game unit while mapping.
I'm really interested in feedback about 1v1 games and if it is suited for ladder.

Adaptive Skadi .v0002
Also contains a new custom map decal to decrease the loading time to 2-5s ̶1̶0̶-̶1̶5̶s̶ .
And I turned down the default wreckage to T1 wrecks in order to decrease the reclaim value.

Adaptive Mars - Mangala Fossa .v0003
Now also contains a new custom map decal to decrease the loading time to 2-5s ̶1̶0̶-̶1̶5̶s̶ .

These three maps also include an improved adaptive map script to fix AI issues --> thx to uveso
Over time I will add this to all my maps.

GL HF

no decal VS the one decal
Last edited by svenni_badbwoi on 08 Feb 2020, 12:16, edited 3 times in total.
svenni_badbwoi

Previous

Return to Mapping