[Resolved]Map editor crashes/freezes on object placement.

Interesting mapping tools and mapping help.

Moderator: Morax

[Resolved]Map editor crashes/freezes on object placement.

Postby Commando950 » 04 Dec 2016, 17:36

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum area to be posting in but I just signed up today.This also looked like it was the most likely place I should ask for help so here it is.

Every time I try to drag a prop/object/marker out into the world it immediately crashes/freezes. I am unsure what causes it and it is getting old fast as I should be able to finish this map rather quickly but crashing is holding me back.

The way it freezes is you see the map editor view go darker. So it looks like someone darkened the whole map and you can't move your view around the map. Frozen completely in place.

I should have did a correct installation because I did read how to install it.Map editor was downloaded from FA forever wiki.

I also have another minor question. Does anyone have any ideas for how to make heightmaps imported come out more smooth? I think those settings with min/max height and white/black values can do it but I can't find the proper settings.

Thank you!

Edit:I just realized something else that may help you help me. I am using the Supreme Commander(Not forged alliance) from steam. I also have a screenshot.

As you can see it is a bit darker than it should be on the map. I also as I said can't move my view/camera also. I can still switch from marker mode to elevation mode and so on and so forth.

Edit2:I found out that in logs there is an error once it freezes.
c:\work\rts\PATCH\code\src\libs\gpggal\EffectD3D9.cpp(79) invalid effect variable requested: fogTexture

Edit3:Seems I fixed it. I used "steam's verify integrity of game cache" It may of replaced one of the files that the editor used and caused a crash. I'm not sure which tho or how it was resolved by this. Specifically I verified game files AFTER installing the editor.
Commando950

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Commando950

Return to Mapping