EMP Weapon Stun Mechanic Rework

EMP Weapon Stun Mechanic Rework

Postby A_vehicle » 25 Mar 2013, 00:01

There should be a multiplier applied to units hit by EMP weapons so that bigger and more advanced units recover faster from emp attacks while still allowing weak units with emp attacks to still remain useful in the late game.

EMP TIME MULTIPLIER*
Code: Select all
--------Land--------Naval--------Structure--------
T1|     100%        80%          60%
  |
T2|     50%         40%          30%
  |
T3|     25%         20%          15%
  |
Experimental        10%

ACU/SCU/Civilian Structures/Civilian Trucks/anything with people inside: 0%

This means that the Medusa's emp grenade, for example, would stun T1 tanks for three seconds, a T2 tank for a second and a half, a percival for a momentary 0.75 seconds, a T3 battle ship for less than half a second, and a galactic colossus for a third of a second. This makes the EMP look alot cooler because the effect scales with size.

How could this be done?
Well, either multiple buffs could be added to each weapon so that they have a different stun time for each category of units, which would take too much time, or a script could be made to modify stun buffs universally.

*The above buff table does not contain the exact values I am pushing for, but they do give you a general idea of what I am suggesting.
Typical Voodoo Edition Map Dialog:
Master_lee wrote:Varaxis ist loser vote all my maps 1 !!! he cant make maps noob go home !!!!!!

Padfoot141 wrote:Terrible map. Spawn with 6 commanders and there are civillians with fatboys.

Master_lee wrote:Padfoot141 go home loser ! go play thermo !
A_vehicle

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: A_vehicle

Return to Patch 3622