Balance Test Mod.

Re: Balance Test Mod.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 04 Mar 2013, 10:49

The wrecks values were lowered too. Next thing to try if it doesn't change anything is to make the SAM slightly better.

With everything halfed, the only test game I saw using ASF showed more aggressive use of air, resulting in less stacking.
But one game is hardly enough to prove anything.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby pip » 04 Mar 2013, 11:14

CrazedChariot wrote:I definitely like having more responsive hover units. Time will tell if they need some stat readjustments due to their new maneuverability.

I did not get to try the cheaper asf change, as it looks like it was changed back before i got to it. I have no issue with the 750hp reduction, but it does have an impact on air micro.

I'm not very good at air micro in general, but the first turn has always been super critical. I would need people better at air micro to test this, but I imagine this will make the first turn really determine the outcome of the air fight.

I still think people will hoard asf, as its the only unit that can defend against air. Basically, if you lose air on a large map, you are going to lose the game. It creates a nuclear standoff, where neither side wants to risk losing, and thus just keeps bulding asf to make sure they won't lose the air.

I'm not smart enough to come up with an eloquent solution.

With the HP nerf, ASF micro will be more important, true, but it'll be easier to kill ASF overall, meaning that SAM and flaks will be much more efficient against them. It will now be stupid to fly your ASF swarm over a base covered with AA if you won air, because SAM will kill them more easily (and probably even t1 AA will somehow damage them over time). It will be much harder to keep all your ASF alive, unless you don't use them.

It would be interesting to test Balance Test Seton games where one side would play "normally", with an air player rushing and spamming ASF, and another side would play without any player focusing on ASF. They would however be cautious to build other air units like inties, t1 AA, mobile and static flaks, Cruisers, Carriers, and SAMs, to see if it's possible to really counter ASF spam tactic with static ground anti-air now.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ze_PilOt » 04 Mar 2013, 11:23

I will host such game tonight, I hope "seton players" will join. (they complain that I don't listen to them, but they don't participate at all :)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby ColonelSheppard » 04 Mar 2013, 14:51

can we get an own thread for the aurora fix and maybe a clean one for the ASF change?
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Ze_PilOt » 04 Mar 2013, 14:56

It's the time to test, not discuss in the wind.
This is the only thread I keep reading actually.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby ColonelSheppard » 04 Mar 2013, 16:22

in my opinion auroras are too easy microable and op now
Attachments
688539-UES_Sheppard.fafreplay
(34.56 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
688610-UES_Sheppard.fafreplay
(50.31 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby pip » 04 Mar 2013, 16:49

ColonelSheppard wrote:in my opinion auroras are too easy microable and op now

After watching these replays, I don't have the impression it's that bad as you say. The one between you and Brainwashed showed that Aeon did have a slight advantage but not completely overwhelming either. The second one against Jason didn't tell much because he screwed up his eco right from the start and then never had radar coverage, meaning he fought blindly and with eco penalty.

Auroras are probably a bit too easy to micro and stronger than before, but not that much, because before, they also used to dodge shots randomly while they were retreating, which increased a bit their survivability (sometimes).

Maybe the turret turn speed can be reduced further (like 50 or even 40 instead of 60; Hoplites and Mongoose have 50 for reference), but before that, or before deciding any further tweaking, it would be good to see more replays like the first one, between evenly skilled players, to measure how much better Auroras are now.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby dstojkov » 04 Mar 2013, 16:53

Hi guys,

I propose instead of this change for the aurora that was made to put the MaxSteerForce from 1000 to 20.

With this the unit has to be microed like before but it reacts more quicly thats it and it allow you to micro a little bit if you are a micro freak. I made this change in my mod and I really enjoy the aurora this way

Regards
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 04 Mar 2013, 16:55

I've tested it and it change almost nothing. (Actually, they get stuck to death if you spam some orders).
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby dstojkov » 04 Mar 2013, 17:08

this is enough to be able to dodge the enemy projectilles by clicling always one direction left or right. For the pb of spam order yes this is a issue ... but this is the way how auroras are and you know how in love i am with aeon ! minimize it but not replace it would i say. This is just my point of view
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622