Balance Test Mod.

Re: Balance Test Mod.

Postby pip » 03 Mar 2013, 21:34

Ze_PilOt wrote:My blueprint editor scanned the folder before a revert :)

Yeah, half Hp minus 750 HP was a tiny bit too hard a nerf :lol: (though it would definitely fix the spam :roll: )
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby ColonelSheppard » 03 Mar 2013, 22:23

Ze_PilOt wrote:By the way, tested it without the balance mod, and it's the same if you anticipate the direction. (the problem solved by the change being the lagginess and unresponsiveness of units, nothing else).

that logic is flawed because with the bugged aurora you can never react that fast to direction changes or even counter atack
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Ze_PilOt » 04 Mar 2013, 00:58

Yes, but we shouldn't balance the game around a bug.

How many times did you read "Why my auroras are stuck when I give them order ?" kind of questions ? I've did many times, and I never had a good explanation to give except "it's a bug".
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby ColonelSheppard » 04 Mar 2013, 01:03

i fully agree with that
people say SupCom should be more intuitiv.. i think it's pretty common that you click multiple times if you want something to happen right now :mrgreen: tanks that are not moving if you click too often are defenitly NOT intuitiv

for auroras it is: "You only need to click once, FOOL." :o
seriously i cant understand how one can say this is no bug...
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Ze_PilOt » 04 Mar 2013, 01:48

By trying to find an alternate solution, I've noticed it's even worst than that. Some units, even with a single click, can just ignore order and stay in place.
And even worst : Spamming the order make them totally stuck (they won't obey to anything after that).
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby MushrooMars » 04 Mar 2013, 04:38

Sheppy, I can't tell if you're for the Aurora fix or against it.
MushrooMars

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: MushrooMars

Postby -_V_- » 04 Mar 2013, 09:21

While you're at it, any chance to fix the bug that makes the tempest not move ?

It happened to me many times that I invested into a tempest that should have won me the naval warfare but because the damn thing got stuck after being built (so its building spot) I got into troubles for no valid reason.

This is not even due to lag I think cause most of the times when it happened to me, the game wasn't particularly laggy.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 04 Mar 2013, 09:23

Will need a replay of sandbox game replicating it as quickly as possible.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 04 Mar 2013, 09:25

MushrooMars wrote:Seriously. If you want me to, I can change the hovertank tweak so that the entire unit's body rotates like a turret at the unit's default turn speed, if it looks more pleasing that way.

Not sure what you are talking about. Can you give me a blueprint of the aurora with that ?
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby CrazedChariot » 04 Mar 2013, 10:30

I definitely like having more responsive hover units. Time will tell if they need some stat readjustments due to their new maneuverability.

I did not get to try the cheaper asf change, as it looks like it was changed back before i got to it. I have no issue with the 750hp reduction, but it does have an impact on air micro.

I'm not very good at air micro in general, but the first turn has always been super critical. I would need people better at air micro to test this, but I imagine this will make the first turn really determine the outcome of the air fight.

I still think people will hoard asf, as its the only unit that can defend against air. Basically, if you lose air on a large map, you are going to lose the game. It creates a nuclear standoff, where neither side wants to risk losing, and thus just keeps bulding asf to make sure they won't lose the air.

I'm not smart enough to come up with an eloquent solution.
CrazedChariot
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: CrazedChariot

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622