Balance Test Mod.

Re: Balance Test Mod.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 24 Mar 2013, 17:02

Balance mod updated with 3622 Release candidate 2 :

- Code base compatible with retail version (3596 I think).
- Fixed a glitch with scores in game.
- Turn rate of Cybran frigate and aircraft carriers projectiles increased to 25 (from 12).
- Increased veterancy level for SAMs
- Experimental have other experimental and SCUs on top priorities.
- Scathis amphibious / speed 1.5 (from 1) / BuildCostMass : 85000 (from 63000 in 3621 or 93000 in previous tests)
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby pip » 24 Mar 2013, 18:48

Ok since it's final release candidate for the patch, i checked it, especially the last added changes. There is a small mistake, either because of me or because of the order in which changes to SAM were applied :in any case, SAMs end up not having targetting priority for experimentals (except Aeon, for some reason).

I'm posting the proper SAM bp again, along with a modified tooltip file from which i removed the line saying that the Seraphim ACU 2nd restoration field level adds health to nearby units.
I also changed description of Hoplite from heavily armored unit to : "Lightly armored rocket bot. Designed to engage and destroy heavier armored units from a distance".

Finally, in order to make the Chrono Dampener be useful against t2 and t3 units, and with a range upgraded ACU, I believe it should have 35 range (same as range upgrade). I'm adding the bp too, just in case, even if Brainwashed didn't add this. I believe 22 range is useless at late t2 and early t3, where it can be a useful upgrade for its current price. I suspect without a range increase, the upgrade will still never be used despite being cheaper.
Up to Zep to add it or not.

And final words : in many aspects, from improved scorebaord, lobby options, support for 3596, better balance, more options in late game, bugfixes, etc, it will be a super complete patch. It's a huge improvement for the game.
Hopefully it will be approved by the majority and I hope nothing wrong will come up from the ASF / SAMs adjustments : just be sure to be smart and spread your bombers and gunships if you use some in a base defended by SAMs. SAMs were not changed much against spread out planes, just improved against blobs.
Attachments
final tweaks.zip
(118.69 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Supreme321 » 24 Mar 2013, 19:01

pip wrote:
Sunny wrote:Nerf to ASF is also an indirect buff to their t4 bomber.

Kind of interesting that you brought this up because even a small group of asf will shred this experimental in seconds, how about the SAM, will the t4 bomber also be shredded in only a few seconds as well because of the AOE buffs?
Ze_PilOt wrote:Once it's done, I will give a little preview thingy so you can test and break it :)
Supreme321

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Supreme321

Postby pip » 24 Mar 2013, 19:10

Supreme321 wrote:
pip wrote:
Sunny wrote:Nerf to ASF is also an indirect buff to their t4 bomber.

Kind of interesting that you brought this up because even a small group of asf will shred this experimental in seconds, how about the SAM, will the t4 bomber also be shredded in only a few seconds as well because of the AOE buffs?

AOE only affects several units, so unless you overlap two or 3 t4 bombers, no nothing is changed.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Supreme321 » 24 Mar 2013, 19:17

But since sams will be more effective now wont they be built more as an alternative to asf, so wont they still be shredded more easily as a result.
Ze_PilOt wrote:Once it's done, I will give a little preview thingy so you can test and break it :)
Supreme321

Postby IceDreamer » 24 Mar 2013, 19:40

Supreme321 wrote:But since sams will be more effective now wont they be built more as an alternative to asf, so wont they still be shredded more easily as a result.

More easily than currently by ASFs? No.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Supreme321 » 24 Mar 2013, 19:44

I don't know, I still find it crap that you can put so much into a t4 bomber and only get one pass over a base before it dies.
Supreme321

Postby dstojkov » 25 Mar 2013, 00:25

Hi

Take a look to this looping text in log while in debug on replay in ranked game

DEBUG: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/game/avatars.lua\000'
WARNING: Error running '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua:OnBeat': ...d alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\maui\bitmap.lua(35): Expected a game object. (Did you call with '.' instead of ':'?)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function `InternalCreateBitmap'
...d alliance\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\maui\bitmap.lua(35): in function `initfn'
...aforever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\system\class.lua(258): in function <...aforever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\system\class.lua:246>
...ed alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\game\avatars.lua(124): in function `CreateAvatar'
...ed alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\game\avatars.lua(671): in function `v'
...ever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(460): in function <...ever\gamedata\faforever.faf\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua:458>
dstojkov
Evaluator

Been liked: 24 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 25 Mar 2013, 01:19

More than probably an UI mod conflicting.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Previous

Return to Patch 3622