Balance Test Mod.

Re: Balance Test Mod.

Postby pip » 20 Mar 2013, 20:55

Firestarter wrote:Just did a little test - looks good at the moment. Was nice to be able to contend a little bit with air using cybran navy - eg destroyers were capable of killing T1 bombers without too much damage. Still got killed a bit by air but that's just cos of my poor strategy! :P

Actually, I ran additional tests for the buff to Cybran navy. Destroyer AA works fine, not too good, not too weak. However, Frigates still miss most of the time when the target flies at more than 12 speed, i.e. every aircraft except gunships and t1 bombers. Since my change is about giving them "real 16 DPS" against most threats (not just gunships), the turn speed of the projectile needs to be buffed more than what I thought, so that most projectiles can hit torp bombers for instance. It's the same projectile as the aircraft carrier, but the aircraft carrier has a much higher muzzle velocity so that's why it works better than frigates.

So the projectile CAAAutocannon01 needs to be adjusted:
TurnRate = 25 (instead of 12). With these values, Frigates are as efficient against torp bombers as they are against gunships = 16 "almost true" DPS. Aircraft carrier will miss even less, but still not 100% perfect accuracy against ASF, which is not a problem since these are nerfed.

@Dstojkov: the mantis turret turn speed was already buffed to 90 by GPG, and speed is indeed 3.7. Even though mantis are still at a disadvantage while engaging moving tanks, Cybran will recieve several buffs in 3622 : ACU with 3 hp / sec more regen, better firebeetles, Hoplites with more HP and faster Rhino. Maybe it's enough and making Mantis stronger would really be too many buffs at the same time (not to mention cheaper medusas from last patch).
Attachments
CAAAutocannon01.zip
adjusted cybran aa projectile
(698 Bytes) Downloaded 100 times
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Voodoo » 20 Mar 2013, 23:00

I played a game finaly and i have to say this mod isn't so bad as i thought first. I will play some more games ...
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby pip » 21 Mar 2013, 00:14

Voodoo wrote:I played a game finaly and i have to say this mod isn't so bad as i thought first. I will play some more games ...

Yeah, Voodoo, it's been 20 pages, first feedback. Better later than never I guess ... :roll:
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby Supreme321 » 21 Mar 2013, 01:26

And my color.
Ze_PilOt wrote:Once it's done, I will give a little preview thingy so you can test and break it :)
Supreme321

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Supreme321

Postby Krapougnak » 21 Mar 2013, 09:02

I'm a noob that is why I refrain from posting in these balance threads, just wanted to say I find these changes (especially pip ones) for the next patch very interesting. I too was tired of ASF blobs and find dstojkow turret adjustments great improvements. As probably a lot of the silent majority I'm just waiting to the changes to go definitive in the next patch.

I just posted to let you know you are not preaching in a desert of blatant uninterest but that there is probably a lot of people following your changes that just don't feel confident enough to post.

Keep up the good work, this is going in the right direction.
Krapougnak
Contributor

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Krapougnak

Postby pip » 21 Mar 2013, 10:54

Voodoo wrote:I played a game finaly and i have to say this mod isn't so bad as i thought first. I will play some more games ...

Damn it Voodoo, you didn't play Balance Testing mod but engy redesign (Zock's mod). These are 2 different things... :lol:

@Krapougnak : thanks for the support. However, it's not because you consider yourself a noob that you don't have the right to test the changes. They are meant to be tested, maybe they need some refinement, and only playing can bring that kind of info.
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 21 Mar 2013, 11:30

"Noobs" opinions are important too, they can start a healthy debate as long as it's a well-argued opinion.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Voodoo » 21 Mar 2013, 12:25

Looks like you are damn right pip :)
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby AwarE » 21 Mar 2013, 14:18

AI stuff:

1./ I notice that the AIx multiplier settings are not available for all to view in the "balance test" lobby. Host can set them in lobby options but other players get no info.
I trust this is an oversight as I think it is important for all players to know what strength AIx they are against.

2./ The TML randomness setting, drop-down menu runs off-screen on my monitor. That is unless 17.5% is the highest setting available ...used to be 20%.

3./ The default setting for AI Land and Naval expansions is 'None'. A default of 6 on each would be better.

4./ T3 Arty seems too cheap, especially considering their damage against shields. Two T3 Arty will trash any amount of normal shielding in a short time. Sad that the AI does not know about the 'Russian doll', SupComm and ACU mega shields. The combination of cheaper Arty and poorer shields has made winning 10x10 maps against AI a "fait accompli". T3 Arty can hit any place on the map from any place on the map, no need to take a risk and build it out front to get range like on a 20x20.

I'm not sure that you care to know about the AI problems at this stage of the test.
roj
AwarE
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Postby ColonelSheppard » 21 Mar 2013, 14:25

AwarE wrote:4./ T3 Arty seems too cheap, especially considering their damage against shields. Two T3 Arty will trash any amount of normal shielding in a short time. Sad that the AI does not know about the 'Russian doll', SupComm and ACU mega shields. The combination of cheaper Arty and poorer shields has made winning 10x10 maps against AI a "fait accompli". T3 Arty can hit any place on the map from any place on the map, no need to take a risk and build it out front to get range like on a 20x20.

as often said, it cant be that you can counter an arty with 10% of it's mass costs, you have to counter it with beeing agressive, you can buidl so much bombers for that mass, you could just snipe it or the commander
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622