Balance Test Mod.

Re: Balance Test Mod.

Postby Supreme321 » 19 Mar 2013, 21:28

"When liberty becomes license, dictatorship is near."
- Will Durant

Your giving Pip the license to liberty.
Ze_PilOt wrote:Once it's done, I will give a little preview thingy so you can test and break it :)
Supreme321

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Supreme321

Postby skakarn » 19 Mar 2013, 21:39

im with pip on the changes :

ta (not core combat)) was well equilibrated , supcom too defensive , and fa too rushy , meaning they all got balanced in a way that bended the gameplay to two sided edge.

ground units in fa are well used , and are efficient because of their mass ratio .
-ground units :

we can see like in every video game that involves tanking ratio that there is some very neat problem betwen raw damage and better dps .

some weapons like cybrans have exellent dps but a crappy raw damage , lets point some tank you all know about : T2 aeon hover tank . it has very bad tanking ratio , why ? crappy hp and crappy gun against the enemies coupled with bad range . we can call those tank/planes/marine the forgotten . because they will cost half but are not good to anything but cost less : its a poor way to balance as people will tend to skip them as theres already T1 units to soak up the damage /create a mass effect (why loose 240 aprox metal in one unit when this metal make up about 5 T1 tanks that will outdps and outtank the t2)

mongoose : will be good at range , but in packs will work very good ... but dont talk about their hp and their gatling damage , the dps they have will never come out even at range because they wont have time to apply it .

on the other side we have the tankers :

obsidian : can tank lot of damage , or just ignore it because the shield will regen , and a comet launcher as weapon , how comes the more tanky have the best raw instead of best dps ? it would even the things out !

anyway it was my two cents on unit , lets scale up .

how the hell are we supôsed to deal with defensive structures ?
there is an easy counter to every defensive structures , meaning you can roll on those structures if you have the right counter . IT IS RIGHT but .... look a minit : it breaks the miror game , someone who spend less mass into his offense shouldnt be able to overwhelm a more expensive structure !!! , ull tell me : why man ? , because the game isnt strategic at all at the moment : you need to be a uber sim city player to be able to compete , in fact i see more robots winnin' doing templates and rushing like hell without micro and win than good players with lot of micro .
defensive sturctures are too expensive for their outcome , change this . the only viable is t3 uef pd , others cant even think about their arty : they are ALL inacurate and rubish , if someone rush your base with t1 , artilleries will have time to fire max 2 times before being swarmed ... how comes ? arties cost LOT and are very BAD
bring us much lower cost T2 and t3 fixed artilleries , goddamn please !

i mean :
increase pd cost efficiency ! any of them ! equilibrate turtles ! they will have to bite if they want more defensive structures but it is actually not possible because of the cost ratio balancing.

one more thing :

WTF YOU DID WITH MY PINK COMMANDER COLOR
Last edited by skakarn on 19 Mar 2013, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
skakarn
Crusader

FAF User Name: skakarn

Postby pip » 19 Mar 2013, 21:45

I removed the colours that looked too similar with already existing others, and rearranged them to form some kind of spectrum. It should look better overall. Along with the missing loc / tooltip file posted above, it should fix everything; the other changes seem to all work as intended as far as I can tell.

And guys, please test the mod, so that we can watch the games and see if something is wrong.
Attachments
GameColors.zip
Rearranged colours
(840 Bytes) Downloaded 107 times
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Veta » 19 Mar 2013, 22:18

I talked to you earlier pip I think I know what some solid colors would be:

1Cybran Red
2Pink
3Fuchsia
4Purple
5UEF Blue
6Sky Blue
7Teal
8Aeon Green
9Green
10Spring Green
11Yellow
12Peach
13Nomads Orange
14Brown
15White
16Light Grey
17Dark Grey

I think that's more or less what you have minus sky blue
Last edited by Veta on 20 Mar 2013, 07:15, edited 4 times in total.
FA is a game of economic micromanagement (what StarCraft players mistakenly call 'macro') and tactical trumping (e.g. T2 PD countering T1 Spam).
Veta

Postby skakarn » 20 Mar 2013, 01:00

fuschia will be better darker thanks
i just love pink before test settings :(:(:(:(:(

and it was like pink+blue isntead of purple
skakarn
Crusader

FAF User Name: skakarn

Postby Supreme321 » 20 Mar 2013, 02:18

Don't you dare touch my pink. It's my only life line to humanity and salvation.
Ze_PilOt wrote:Once it's done, I will give a little preview thingy so you can test and break it :)
Supreme321

FAF User Name: Supreme321

Postby Veta » 20 Mar 2013, 04:14

i'll mock up a lua with these colors and the regular pink purple fuchsia

any objections to the actual colors choices (as opposed to the shades?)
Attachments
GameColors v1.zip
(699 Bytes) Downloaded 97 times
FA is a game of economic micromanagement (what StarCraft players mistakenly call 'macro') and tactical trumping (e.g. T2 PD countering T1 Spam).
Veta

Postby Ze_PilOt » 20 Mar 2013, 09:33

I really can't believe that the most discuted point is the colors when we have a big change for T3 air in test..
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby dstojkov » 20 Mar 2013, 19:08

Hi

I didn't tested it before because i thought that people complained for nothing about the turret speed from the mantis ... I have to admit it sucks hard to the point it is not manageable even with micro.

I tested with this change

TurretYawSpeed = 120 ( from 80 )

With this it works like it is supposed to do

Regards

P.S: This was tested with speed 3.6 ... with 3.7 speed may be this has to be re-adjusted
dstojkov
Evaluator

Been liked: 24 times

Postby Firestarter » 20 Mar 2013, 20:26

Just did a little test - looks good at the moment. Was nice to be able to contend a little bit with air using cybran navy - eg destroyers were capable of killing T1 bombers without too much damage. Still got killed a bit by air but that's just cos of my poor strategy! :P
Firestarter
Crusader

Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Firestarter

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622