Balance Test Mod.

Re: Balance Test Mod.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 14 Mar 2013, 16:48

Restorers: HP should return to normal (6500 HP)

Without FunkOff test, they are already at 6500.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby pip » 14 Mar 2013, 17:00

Ze_PilOt wrote:Restorers: HP should return to normal (6500 HP)

Without FunkOff test, they are already at 6500.

Yes, I just wanted to be sure of that. It was not from Funkoff's change, but from mine. It was not removed when Funk's changes were made, so I just wanted to make sure Restorer was ... restored! (I don't think it's necessary to change them).
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby dstojkov » 16 Mar 2013, 17:38

Hi

I am trying to set up new settings for bombers to avoid the ballistic script. I am the meaning that we should avoid as much as possible foreign script and extra calcutation when the engine already do that we just need to adjust the settings to get the searched behavior.

I will test it soon on my own mod and give feed back then
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 16 Mar 2013, 17:39

Why fixing something that works ?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby HEAVY » 16 Mar 2013, 19:13

pip wrote:NB: players will have to be careful to spread out their t3 bombers and gunships to attack where SAM are present.

This reads as more micro required to me. I don't disagree with a small AOE for SAMs, but let's make it small so that micro gives one at advantage but is still not absolutely required.
HEAVY

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: HEAVY

Postby Firestarter » 17 Mar 2013, 18:34

Two things:

Firstly, I did a bit of a test and I quite like what Funkoff has done - due to factors altered about ASFs they can't just be thrown up over an enemy base any more, and whilst scary (huge alpha damage) against ALL air units, their reduced turn rate and rate of fire means they don't immediately render all T2 fighters obsolete despite being a clear upgrade. Also I love how the higher speed allows them to chase stuff down and patrol huge areas of the map quickly if needed. They really are 'air superiority' in that respect.

Secondly, pip is right though cybran carrier tracking fix did not work.
Firestarter
Crusader

Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Firestarter

Postby skakarn » 17 Mar 2013, 20:58

Aurora are still are still getting stuck , and if they are not , they move backward at reduced speed .
its really hard to kite this way , it is suposed to be able to get uses of its range but .

low hp
back reverse speed at best
not enough damage .

now , about the aurora tanking ration and t1 in general .

a tanking ratio is determined by some factors :
-the damage the tank receive
-the damage the tank give
-the damage that is avoided ( strafe )

first of all , as your auroras gets stuck ,they are sitting ducks and die
second , the damage it gives is either not satisfying because the enemy will be able to swiftly kill the aurora before that aurora kills it
third , a commander with gun upgrade will oneshot auroras , others tanks are 2 shot , meaning you need at least two auroras to apply half the damage two other t1 will do , because they take their beating and smile where others take advantage of the natural damage they can receive
fourth a commander will 2 shot with normal gun an aurora , others , 3 shots , meaning you need at least three auroras to match the number of shots a commander send to kill other tanks , exept of course that they can try to manouver and dont get stuck with a smile .

So , differents points of view :

get the 360 turret , will allow them to dodge like other do
let aurora gun be buffed to deal more damage so the tanking ratio goes in favor of dps
or raise aurora hp wich is not the plot

buff aurora ! (id like 360 degree turet)

for asf :

i pulled some , didnt saw them cause they were already down , t1 busted them , ill check more later

done a test with pip :

if you repetivly give orders to them , they get stuck , if you only go back they dont , meaning theres still problems but gets better
skakarn
Crusader

FAF User Name: skakarn

Postby pip » 17 Mar 2013, 21:38

Auroras are good enough now, just don't click like crazy. Even if you click several times, it's better than before. It's already a good buff.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby skakarn » 18 Mar 2013, 03:21

yeah , cant wait it to be live
skakarn
Crusader

FAF User Name: skakarn

Postby Supreme321 » 18 Mar 2013, 04:19

T4 nuke doesn't need a cost reduction, its already strong enough. Once someone gets it on the map the game is over no matter what, I've never seen a player win versus one of these nuke once.
Ze_PilOt wrote:Once it's done, I will give a little preview thingy so you can test and break it :)
Supreme321

FAF User Name: Supreme321

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622