Balance Test Mod.

Re: Balance Test Mod.

Postby dstojkov » 09 Mar 2013, 18:48

I updated the value in my last post to get the value based of 3621 ( I work on the 3599 basis for test and there the speed is 3 instead od 3.1 )
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby FunkOff » 09 Mar 2013, 22:44

dstojkov wrote:Hi guys,

New update about aurora bp. With this the aurora move without weirdness allowing retreat and dodge !

MaxAcceleration = 3.1,
MaxBrake = 0,
MaxSpeed = 3.1,
MaxSpeedReverse = 3.1,
MaxSteerForce = 3.1,
TurnRadius = 3.1,
TurnRate = 310,

SlavedToBodyArcRange = 10,
TurretYawRange = 10,

Try it and give some feedback I will update the other hover unit including the shield disruptor and mobile hover shield in my 3599 ORIGINAL if you interrested in the bp just take a look there and copy paste

What did you change? Just the MaxSpeedReverse?
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby MushrooMars » 09 Mar 2013, 23:02

New update about aurora bp. With this the aurora move without weirdness allowing retreat and dodge !

MaxAcceleration = 3.1,
MaxBrake = 0,
MaxSpeed = 3.1,
MaxSpeedReverse = 3.1,
MaxSteerForce = 3.1,
TurnRadius = 3.1,
TurnRate = 310,

TurretYawRange = 10,

Try it and give some feedback I will update the other hover unit including the shield disruptor and mobile hover shield in my 3599 ORIGINAL if you interrested in the bp just take a look there and copy paste

I still prefer unlocked turret. It really does alleviate the twitching a lot, and I do agree that it looks better, but Auroras still freeze in place.
MushrooMars

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: MushrooMars

Postby pip » 10 Mar 2013, 09:40

FunkOff wrote:

MaxAcceleration = 3.1,
MaxBrake = 0,
MaxSpeed = 3.1,
MaxSpeedReverse = 3.1,
MaxSteerForce = 3.1,
TurnRadius = 3.1,
TurnRate = 310,

TurretYawRange = 10,

What did you change? Just the MaxSpeedReverse?

He changed max steer force, max speed reverse, max break, turn radius and turn rate.
I have to admit that these numbers are pretty good. The unit doesn't turn too fast (that was my main gripe before), it is more responsive, as is the intention.
I think it can work well for the other concerned hover tanks. We will probably use similar stats to improve the behaviour of the t3 Aurora of the Nomads too.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby pip » 10 Mar 2013, 12:55

Currently, upgraded SCU suck against t3 because of range, except Sera SCU due to Overcharge which is very, very cheap now that SCU are much more affordable. So there is a big difference between one SCU and all the others. It would be good to keep Sera SCU as strongest, but make the other SCU weapon upgrades worthwhile.
(I'm speaking of upgraded SCU, not default SCU, t3 should be stronger than default SCU).
Example: for comparable resources, Percivals will shred to pieces fully upgraded Cybran SCU (EMP, gun upgrade + super nano) just because Cybran SCU can never hit them once, and will die for being kited by Percies).

Here are my thoughts to balance things out:
I. All SCU except Sera should get + 10 range on their gun upgrade (the same way ACU gets more range with their gun upgrade) so that if you invest in said upgrade, you get a range comparable to the units you intend to counter (especially Bricks and Percivals = 35 range.

II. Cybran EMP needs a buff, it is really weak compared to the price it costs:
1. the weapon is outranged by Harbingers, Bricks and Percivals, so you cannot use it effectively.
2. the muzzle velocity of the weapon and a charge delay means that the stun duration is not long enough to keep units stunned, though it should keep units stunlocked, that's the purpose of it.
3. The AOE doesn't deal any damage, compared to UEF and Aeon SCU weapon upgrades.
4. it cannot stun other SCU and Experimentals whereas Sera OC works against both SCU and experimentals (so OC is MUCH more powerful).

III. Sera SCU upgrades need to be more expensive so that it's not too cheap to upgrade them to counter land Experimentals with OC. The idea is to make fully upgraded Sera SCU cost more than 10k mass compared to the 8 k mass they cost now. As 2 upgraded Sera SCU can kill any experimentals VERY easily, they should cost at least around the same price as a Monkeylord. Even without shield upgrade, with just nano and OC, they can kill an experimental easily. That's currently 6500 mass per SCU, so 13000 mass to counter any land experimental...

Here are the tweaks I suggest wether for 3622 or 3623 (but 3623 is faaaar away).

Aeon SCU : gun upgrade gets +10 range (total = 40; Aeon has a slight advantage over the other SCU for their default weapon)

UEF SCU : high ordnance upgrade (the weakest gun upgrade) gets also + 10 range (= 35).

Cybran SCU:
- weapon upgrade gets + 10 range (= 35)
- EMP upgrade cost is reduced to 1000 mass (from 1500) and 2400 buildtime (from 4800) ; AOE is slightly buffed to 3 (from 2.5), duration is set to 4 (from 3) and ProjectileLifetimeUsesMultiplier becomes 1.30 (from 1.15) so that the longer range shot doesn't disappear (because it doesn't last long enough!!!).

Sera SCU:
- nano upgrade cost = 2500 mass (from 1500) because it adds 14000 HP to the health of the unit, so it should be more expensive than the others nano upgrade (and not cheaper). Even at this price, it's the best defensive upgrade of all the SCU.
- Overcharge cost = 4500 mass (from 3000), energy cost = 300 000 (from 200 000), buildtime = 10000 (from 9000).

Finally, I know it didn't pass the test / survey for 3622, but it's actually more about fixing/tuning the 3621 changes I made to the upgrades than anything else...
Attachments
SCU fine tuning.zip
(24.62 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 10 Mar 2013, 19:58

Balance test mod update :

- Changed the aurora Fix.
- FunkOff air test. (check ASF thread)
- Integrated pip changes (see previous post).
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Lu_Xun_17 » 10 Mar 2013, 20:07

I think this sacu change is pretty big but it is also the indirect nerf that heavy T3 needs.
However i'm more affraid of the SACU vs T4.
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: LuXy

Postby pip » 10 Mar 2013, 20:24

Lu_Xun_17 wrote:I think this sacu change is pretty big but it is also the indirect nerf that heavy T3 needs.
However i'm more affraid of the SACU vs T4.

The only problem of SACU vs T4 is Sera SACU, and these changes make things less extreme (it's more expensive now to get a Sera SCU able to counter experimentals). However, Sera SACU are not so strong against defenses due to OC not working well against buildings, so they are not uncounterable.

As for SCU versus T3, it's only upgraded SCU that will be able to better counter t3, much more mass and buildtime, so it should still be way more efficient to kill SCU with T3. The extra range is to ensure combat SCU (with combat upgrades) can properly play their role of support without being shot down in one second by 5 Percivals without doing any harm.

But test it! SCU gameplay is super rich now.
pip
Supreme Commander

Postby ColonelSheppard » 10 Mar 2013, 20:52

why should OC work against SACUs at all? i mean they are commanders, they shouldnt get oc just like a normal unit
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Arkansas » 11 Mar 2013, 10:38

ColonelSheppard wrote:why should OC work against SACUs at all? i mean they are commanders, they shouldnt get oc just like a normal unit

I was under the impression not being able to OC ACU's was for gameplay reasons. IF you follow that logic an SCU should be able to replace the ACU when it dies (which could be pretty awesome actually).
Arkansas

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Arkansas

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622