Transports bugged, or designed to be this way?

Transports bugged, or designed to be this way?

Postby TheYeti » 23 Feb 2013, 09:01

I often find that when I go to drop off units they have to bounce around or think about how to drop off units for a few seconds or more before finally releasing the units from the transports. Is there a deliberate thought process behind why transports should not smoothly deploy units, or is it just something that isn't a priority to be adressed?
I would like to see more transport play in games besides the, "hey i caught you with your pants down cause you didn't scout," play.
TheYeti

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TheYeti

Re: Transports bugged, or designed to be this way?

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 23 Feb 2013, 10:42

The only time I see transports act like this is if...

You try to off-map.

There is a move-move-move-drop order. My transports always pause for several seconds at the last move to "think" about the drop before committing.

The Transports are REALLY spread out. Seems like they want to group up for some reason..

Mine drop in one fast shot 100% of the time if the only order they have is a drop command and they are already flying in something like a formation.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Re: Transports bugged, or designed to be this way?

Postby Rediska » 23 Feb 2013, 11:34

It needs place for drop. If you are lazy for finding enough free square, dropships will find it automatically, but dont wonder when they will do that too long or will drop somewhere in ocean. And yes, dont move droppoint, make new orders.

P.S. if you made order to drop and your opponents or ally build something in dropoint, transports will drop there anyway = whole drop will die.
I adore FA.
But I have all the right to hate it because I cant really play any other RTS anymore because of it. They looks like small boring sandboxes without sense. Thank you genious Chris Taylor!
Rediska
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: RedIS_ska

Return to Patch 3622