Toggle/disable AI ending smack talk?

Toggle/disable AI ending smack talk?

Postby heelix » 20 Feb 2013, 20:40

I know most folks here are PvP, but can we just get the AIx to give a gg rather than the smack talk at the end of the game? BM from a human is what it is, but hate to see most newbies see that as the AI final statement rather than a well played.
heelix
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: heelix

Re: Toggle/disable AI ending smack talk?

Postby stalewee » 21 Feb 2013, 04:23

untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (21.86 KiB) Viewed 4164 times
stalewee
Contributor

Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: stalewee

Postby jabwd » 21 Feb 2013, 15:09

I hardly think trash talking is a real issue on FAF and therefore why waste time on fixing that? :P From experience I can say it is really extraordinary what a kind and supporting community we have here.

While playing ET the average comment when you are not good enough is: "LOL LOWTARD OMG YOU SUCK"
And on FAF in a similar situation you get: "Went better than expected, wp"
jabwd

FAF User Name: Excite

Postby heelix » 21 Feb 2013, 16:01

I bring it up now since we are talking about what should go into the next release. As a code monkey myself, I get them wanting a documented list of enhancements/fixes - even if they are small. When you *beat* the AI, some of the comments it will make are somewhat bm. It is so very minor, but unnecessary.

I totally expect to see some ass-hattery from live people on occasion. New players often skirmish the AI. Be nice if the AI would give them a set of 'gg' variants to learn from.
heelix
Crusader

Postby Eukanuba » 21 Feb 2013, 18:37

stalewee wrote:
untitled.jpg

This is really, really amusing me and I can't quite work out why. :D
Eukanuba
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Eukanuba

Postby JeeVeS » 22 Feb 2013, 00:32

Is this thread for real? Heelix, if this is a troll, wp sir. But if it isn't, are you telling us you are so profoundly sensitive that the AI's pre-programmed, feeble banter is hurting your feelings? Here's a few of the options you have: don't read the comments, stop playing the AI, uninstall, or maybe (and this is a stretch) consider the prospect of possibly... I don't know... not being a bitch?

After looking at the graph, it appears we need to RAISE the AI smack talking to about 95%, thus giving us the most balanced game. It appears we'll also need better computers to accomplish this.
JeeVeS

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: IridiumBLOWS

Postby heelix » 22 Feb 2013, 02:09

LOL. IridiumBLOWS, right? One of the top ranked ladder/tournament players from what I've seen.

I'm not personally sensitive. I'm a father, who is raising their kid up to be a well mannered gamer. Shortly after the 'request for patch items' came out, the supper conversation was about why it was OK for the AI to not throw out the GG but they must. Like I said - this is a very minor thing, but is a minor thing I could possibly change.
heelix
Crusader

Postby ColonelSheppard » 22 Feb 2013, 02:51

heelix wrote:LOL. IridiumBLOWS, right? One of the top ranked ladder/tournament players from what I've seen.

naaaa....
slimer ;)

change it if you want, if it would be a real player i would tell you: dont play him anymore
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Firevessel » 22 Feb 2013, 05:29

I have never found a problem with the smack talking AI... In fact I have almost found it entertaining. However, if it is your son who is playing the game, I can see where your concern lies.

I do recall seeing an option in the settings to turn off AI taunting though...
Firevessel
Crusader

FAF User Name: Firevessel

Postby AwarE » 22 Feb 2013, 07:55

I don't know if you are joking or not.

The only way to get a 'GG' from an AIx is to beat it. And even then its AIx partner will say "i'll get you next time newbie!!'

If you lose you are abused in a virtual way because you deserve it lol. I don't think it does harm. Its only an attempt to give the AI a personality.

roj
AwarE
Priest

Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Next

Return to Patch 3622