Toggle/disable AI ending smack talk?

Re: Toggle/disable AI ending smack talk?

Postby JeeVeS » 22 Feb 2013, 11:23

I'm still not convinced this isn't a troll due to the shear frivolousness of it, and the graph by stalewee =p. But assuming you didn't grow up around early online gaming like many here did, I guess I can see how you would try to cut down on this more negative aspect of it.

But unfortunately, this is really a futile effort.

As soon as your son is given an internet connection he will be exposed to exponentially more flaming and bad manners than the supcom ai could ever muster. Though FA has less than the average, the mavnoobs, deathlys, cybrankillers, and iridiumBLOWS's will certainly find him. Don't worry, if he's older then 7 or so he's already heard it in school. I can distinctly remember saying whatever I wanted in elementary school but being very disciplined around my parents, and this was the prevailing behavior.

Also, "GG" is often used in a derogatory fashion. The winning side often drops an obnoxious preemptive GG, or players on the losing side say it when not in danger just to illustrate their disgust with their teammate(s). In FA I was exposed to the metaphorical/figurative GG - given by the losing player as if to acknowledge that their defeat is inevitable, though they intend to keep fighting and eventually bequeath yet another GG when they are actually leaving. Shep just gives the metaphorical GG at the beginning of our games. =)
JeeVeS

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: IridiumBLOWS

Postby Firevessel » 23 Feb 2013, 06:38

I agree with JeeVeS, such behavior is something that your son will be exposed to in the future of his FAF gaming experience, so I suppose this mild bashing from the AI is a good way to make the transition to occasional human bashing experienced in real matches.

I do, however, find such behavior from members of the FAF gaming community to be generally unsportsmanlike and unacceptable, especially when directed against newer players.
Firevessel
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Firevessel

Postby ColonelSheppard » 23 Feb 2013, 13:09

i dont say good game when it was a bad game :/
and i dont mind anybody who's doing the same
especially saying gg as the winner after a game where somebody left, or you just steamrolled something is in my opinion not the nicest way
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Pathogenic » 25 Feb 2013, 21:20

I rather prefer the AI to spout lines that reek of bad sportsmanship and trash talk, rather than simply saying "gg". It's good for a laugh!
Pathogenic

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Previous

Return to Patch 3622