New sacrifice function.

Re: New sacrifice function.

Postby Godfather » 23 Feb 2013, 10:42

BRNKoINSANITY wrote:Actually, here is a thought.... There was a chart posted a while back showing the cost/buildpower ratios for all the engies and drones. Why not make the sacrifice of buildpower equal the cost/build ratio of drones? It would not give you a distinct advantage over drones or hives, but would give Aeon and Seraphim the same help with unit cap and mucked up swarms of engies. Also tied into this would be the small HP loss to the factory for having engies sacrificed into it so that build power is still vulnerable.

sacrificed engees should not be equal, they should be slightly better, just because you cant move them if they are sacrificed.
Godfather
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Mantic0re

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 23 Feb 2013, 10:51

Hives are not mobile and drones can be shot down and then have to rebuild... the mass/buildpower ratio would be the same on the engies as you are saving on unit cap and getting into the usage area of the drones/hives.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby dstojkov » 23 Feb 2013, 11:39

Before trying some odds combination try the sacrifice ability that I implemented on my 3599 unleashed mod and give feedback
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 26 Feb 2013, 20:30

BRNKoINSANITY wrote:Actually, here is a thought.... There was a chart posted a while back showing the cost/buildpower ratios for all the engies and drones. Why not make the sacrifice of buildpower equal the cost/build ratio of drones? It would not give you a distinct advantage over drones or hives, but would give Aeon and Seraphim the same help with unit cap and mucked up swarms of engies. Also tied into this would be the small HP loss to the factory for having engies sacrificed into it so that build power is still vulnerable.

I made that chart on the FA wiki. Link here

http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/Build_rate

And you would have a massive, game breaking boost over the other factions - With some t3 fabs you could get a 75% decrease in mass cost of units. Imagine an army of the best multipurpose anti land unit in the game - The harbringer - Being spammed for 200 mass each. That would be entirley gamebreaking.

My solution to this problem that i posted probaly over a year ago now as it has been brought up again and again and again is doubling t2 facs buildpower and quadroupling T3 facs. Thay way they use around the same amound of mass produced by two extractors of the same tier like T1 facs and are only slightly worse than T1 engneers. Ajacency bounuses would be more important but not full on broken like the sacrafice idea. tanks of each tear woul roll out in around 20-30 seconds, slightly more than T1. I even made a mod that did it for all factories and uploaded it to FAF. So i will upload it again and see what you think.
Attachments
Factory rebalance.zip
(83.36 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Previous

Return to Patch 3622