Fixing ASF lag/swarm.

Re: Fixing ASF lag/swarm.

Postby Kryo » 16 Feb 2013, 14:05

I would try to double cost of ASF and also giving 1.5x health and dps. This will reduce the number of ASF but you still have enough DPS to stop air experimentals and such. In the moment you build ASF mainly to fight other ASF. You wouldnt need so many ASF only for fighting bombers and air exp. So mainly, even if ASF would cost 10x the ress.

If you can only build half of the ASF, the enemy also has only 50% of ASF, but with same firepower against air-to-ground-units.
Kryo
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Kryo

Postby Bibblson » 16 Feb 2013, 14:16

Make landed air units/drones not able to be attacked by ASF. This would make asf less usefull and decrease their number.
Bibblson
Crusader

FAF User Name: Bibblson

Postby Zock » 16 Feb 2013, 14:39

If you make ASF more expensive, you make them useless in 1v1, even on large maps. They are already quite a risk.

Don't balance the game arround setons.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby Kryo » 16 Feb 2013, 15:00

Zock wrote:If you make ASF more expensive, you make them useless in 1v1, even on large maps. They are already quite a risk.

Don't balance the game arround setons.

why are they less useless in 1v1 then? (if you adjust also firepower and durability)
Kryo
Evaluator

FAF User Name: Kryo

Postby Zock » 16 Feb 2013, 15:12

-the time until you get the first ASF out increases
-ASF are already not really good against large t1 int swarms. They will be even worse (overkill etc). You will need much longer until you reach your critical mass.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby Ze_PilOt » 16 Feb 2013, 15:50

And probably will change nothing on seton.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Wakke » 16 Feb 2013, 16:04

Arkansas wrote:Reduce fuel capacity so people can't fly them around madly and actually put them down sometimes. Look at current high performance aircraft, they have far less fuel capacity than low performance because fuel is weight.

I support this. It makes it so you can't blindly spam asf's without providing docking for them.
Wakke

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby ICKEN » 16 Feb 2013, 22:23

if you change anything expect costs of asf or their wreckage mass, i promise i will quite supcom. you just can not simply change things for no significant reason. the past 6 years it was ok, so why change it now, after thousands of players have gotten into it.

dont make "balance" changes just to fit the game your skill or your strategies! if you are unable to micro asf, learn it. its kinda easy.

nobody really cares about the lag during a huge asf battle, cause you need the time for micro.....

just because its seems that the majority here likes asf changes, it does not mean that rest of the community would appreciate it!
Last edited by ICKEN on 16 Feb 2013, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
Teamwork is a lot of people doing what i say
ICKEN

Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: ICKEN

Postby Ze_PilOt » 16 Feb 2013, 22:28

ICKEN wrote:
nobody really cares about the lag during a huge asf battle, cause you need to time for micro.....

The only reason I never play seton is because of the ASF lag.

Except the usual seton players (that are less and less every month), I suspect I'm not the only one..
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby ColonelSheppard » 16 Feb 2013, 22:35

ICKEN wrote:dont make "balance" changes just to fit the game your skill or your strategies! if you are unable to micro asf, learn it. its kinda easy.
nobody really cares about the lag during a huge asf battle, cause you need to time for micro.....

+1 dont balance the game for one map, (also i can hardly belive that evn 20% less ASF would improve sim speed significantly
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622