Buffing the t3 torpedo bomber.

Buffing the t3 torpedo bomber.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 15 Feb 2013, 18:28

Aeon t3 Torp Bomber (solace)
Mass: 1650 --> 1200
energy: 55000--> 60000
Build Time: 6600-->5600
engage distance: 50-->75

The t3 Torp bomber seems useless simply because it costs the same as a cruiser, which it will most likely be used to kill it, so if you fail at killing the cruiser then you pretty much lost the equivalent cost of a cruiser easily.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Re: Buffing the t3 torpedo bomber.

Postby Arkansas » 15 Feb 2013, 20:42

I would be in favour of buffing all torpedo bombers, particularly that one though.

The problem to me seems to be the bombers not dropping rather than the range. If you put a ship near land its safe from torp bombers, this is a particular problem on eots. Perhaps reducing the range and drop distance would help.
Arkansas

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Arkansas

Postby HyperNova » 15 Feb 2013, 20:47

I agree with all of the above.
CEASE AND DESIST
HyperNova
Banned

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: HyperNova

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 15 Feb 2013, 21:19

For a unit that does 4000 damage? Please consider the following:

• If the T3 torpedo bomber does succeed, the cruiser is destroyed.
  • As said, the torpedo bomber does 4000 damage in a single run (I know it says 2K instead of 4K in the unitDB, but that is an error). Strategic bombers cost more than that, but have a lower speed and do less damage. I haven't seen many occasions in which the strategic bombers were expected to last longer than one bombing run, yet you do expect a torpedo bomber to last longer than one run, while it costs less and is more effective?
  • The cruiser is a dedicated AA unit. Shouldn't it be able to trump a torpedo bomber, the very unit it is supposed to defend its fleet against (Even if it is T3)? I think of it as flak vs T2 gunships.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Poch » 16 Feb 2013, 11:48

T3 aeon torp bombers are worth their price, and are unique (faction flavour) and quite strong. Aeon is most likely to get air superiority and when you have it, just a few of them will wipe out entire navys in no time. No you can't use them to kill ennemy base torpedo launchers by flying over SAMs, and yes multiple cruisers would kill them. Cruiser means AA, so it is expected.

Maybe ALL (T2/T3) torpedo bombers could use an hp boost, however. I do not use them offen, as as long as there is 1 or 2 cruisers in navy, it feels like wasted mass. Thats why i am thinking of more HP. But if i am Aeon, i use the T3 a lot, as they are always nice to see in action, even when they die at first pass. Just have to plan them to get maximum profit.

One feature that may be be cool, however would be "real" torpedos which goes for a long range, allowing the plane to successfully deliver its charge most of the time, even if it get killed just after that by going over ennemy navy. But i don't think it is doable or a real good idea for FA as it stands.
Poch

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Poch

Postby eXivo » 16 Feb 2013, 19:23

torp bombers already cost effectively counter cruisers (talking about t2, haven't played aeon enough to be sure about the t3 one)
Be inspired to learn. Then aspire to disturb.
eXivo

FAF User Name: TAG_eXivo

Postby Stratocaster » 17 Feb 2013, 10:18

On this topic, can someone do something about Sera Torp bomber? It's the only one with torps that get eaten up torp defense and it's just plain utterly useless vs the naval units, the only units it is designed to attack.
Stratocaster

FAF User Name: Stratocaster

Postby ColonelSheppard » 17 Feb 2013, 15:04

Stratocaster wrote:On this topic, can someone do something about Sera Torp bomber?

no
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby stalewee » 18 Feb 2013, 00:10

I think torp bombers are already too strong against cruisers.

Also, does increasing the "engage distance" means that that bomber will drop the torpedos earlier? That would make it almost impossible to snipe a commander standing in a small pool of water (e.g. at "rock" on a certain popular map)
stalewee
Contributor

Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: stalewee

Postby Batmansrueckkehr » 18 Feb 2013, 13:02

i think all torp bombers are fine as they are - besides the sera torp bomber.

concerning the aoen t3 torp - very fast, good hp, a lot of dmg, it is fair for the prize.
UET_bat
Batmansrueckkehr

FAF User Name: batmansrueckkehr

Next

Return to Patch 3622