Rebalancing the shield nerf.

Re: Rebalancing the shield nerf.

Postby -_V_- » 19 Feb 2013, 09:39

Can I suggest some more nerf to the mobile shields ? :)
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Rebalancing the shield nerf.

Postby AwarE » 22 Feb 2013, 07:03

I'm glad most people want the 'shield overlapping penalty' removed.

If you want to prevent T2 PD creep then increase the shield buildtime and energy demand.

You could survive six T3 arty using stacked shields in the previous version. Now you can't survive even one. That is a serious nerf. Ok I agree that shields were a bit too good before, but now they are worthless. You are better to invest resources in your own T3 arty than shields because whoever gets a T3 arty first will win the game in three shots.

Shields are the 'Paper' in a Rock, Paper, Scissors type contest, LRCs are the 'Rock'. Another example is anti-nukes are the 'Paper' and nukes are the 'Rock'. One anti-nuke can easily take down four nukes ...but not five even though it may have seven stored. Although Two anti-nuke can easily take down nine nukes, and you would need a volley of eleven to be sure of a strike.

So like anti-nukes shields should be matched to survive say four and not survive five T3 arty nomatter how the shields are stacked. Thats not a big change from the original ...lets say only a 10% nerf was needed not the 50% nerf in place.

roj
PS: May I add that I don't think T3 arty is expensive to build at present, you can build three or four easily. I would like to see it cost more mass&energy to fire each round. Or the rate of fire could be reduced so that the rapid-fire weapon alternative is more viable.
AwarE
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: AwarE

Previous

Return to Patch 3622