T3 sonar for Seraphim.

Re: T3 sonar for Seraphim.

Postby Quarian » 18 Feb 2013, 10:18

Seraph have T3 Spy Plane with sonar. Aside from Cybran (who are designed for intel based warfare) UEF and Aeon Spy Planes lack it. The superior T2 sonar coupled with a T3 Spy Plane equiped with sonar provide a good argument that this was done intentionally for faction diversity. My vote, no change. Make those Yathsous work for it, they already have incredible vision radius anyway.
Quarian
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Quarian

Postby Rediska » 18 Feb 2013, 11:03

Yeah! Give them t3 sonar in addition to t3 subs and mobile shields! Make them over powered!!!

P.S. this was a sarcasm. so Im against.
I adore FA.
But I have all the right to hate it because I cant really play any other RTS anymore because of it. They looks like small boring sandboxes without sense. Thank you genious Chris Taylor!
Rediska
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: RedIS_ska

Postby Epson » 20 Feb 2013, 04:18

How about a T3 sonar upgrade but with very limited omni or none at all? On small maps and 1v1 I don't need T3. On maps like Seton's you do need it. I always find myself just asking for another faction's engineer just to build this.

When I have to do that that it isn't faction diversity it's just another annoying micro.

Sera Hover shields vs Aeon hover shields vs UEF shield boat vs Cybran stealth(debatable) is diversity. Not removing something altogether.
Epson

Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Epson

Postby -_V_- » 20 Feb 2013, 08:57

Epson wrote:When I have to do that that it isn't faction diversity it's just another annoying micro.

It is diversity.
And the ANNOYING micro is because you can't cope up with the faction YOU chose to play.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby jabwd » 20 Feb 2013, 14:40

I use t1 scouts to keep an eye on the naval factory of my opponent, the ret can be done with the t2 sonar and spy planes later on. I do not see a reason to change this, barely a problem.
jabwd

FAF User Name: Excite

Postby Typo91 » 22 Feb 2013, 01:29

yea no change need, t3 subs have great sonar anyway...

If you have the nasty-est subs, why bother making a t3 sonar at all... as a race you feel the waters are yours.

Here is something to chew on, how about the fact they get a the cheapest Nuke launcher that might not even be seen as such, that cost a fraction of a normal one, only 9k mass, and 54k power, and if you want to kill it, you have to do 49000hp worth of damage to it! Not to mention AA, Tac missile def, and long range cannons. thats a real steal! considering.
Typo91

Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Typo91

Previous

Return to Patch 3622