Make T1 artillery deployables

Re: Make T1 artillery deployables

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 27 Feb 2013, 04:41

Here is a replay that applies. BUT (sigh...) please ignore my stupidity in standing under arty fire lol.

1. I went full tank spam and he went full arty -> he lost horribly in initial engagement and every time after that.

2. South rock arty dropped my base and I succeeded in killing all arty with only 3 tanks and good intel. I lost a good bit of pgen, but not anything to cry over and still came out on top.

I think this is a showcase of how arty loses vs tanks and intel/countering. Arty does not need a nerf.
Attachments
672436-BRNKoINSANITY.fafreplay
(345.49 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby Crunchy » 27 Feb 2013, 05:07

People should stop using the argument that artys dont need a nerf because tanks beat arties. By that logic we should nerf tanks. This is a game that consists of more than just tanks and artilary

The issue Gyle is trying to address is that they are capable of doing an excessive amount of damage for their cost, allowing them to demolish buildings much faster than most units, even late into the game. Its all very well that your tanks have killed the arty, but that doesnt help when all they need to do is get off 1 or 2 vollies to take down a key structure.

Making them stationary is perhaps too drastic, it was mentioned earlier that they shouldn't pre-load their shots and that sounds fairly decent to me, but no one really gave an opinion on that. Perhaps have a time delay where they have to aquire their target before they start shooting at their normal rate.
Crunchy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Crunchy

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 27 Feb 2013, 05:19

A good arty drop, lets say 3 t1 transports loaded with sera arty, costs over 1600 mass. For that price you could build 21 t1 bombers and go wreck multiple mex and pgen in one pass with good micro. There are other units with the shock value of arty, most people just don't realize the potential as readily as they recognize the arty.

Both of these scenarios assume either some surprise (enough for one pass) or air superiority...
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Previous

Return to Patch 3622