Make T1 artillery deployables

Re: Make T1 artillery deployables

Postby rxnnxs » 25 Feb 2013, 13:20

Wouldn't it be also nice if they could not shoot at close range? This way you could hunt them and they couldn't shoot back.
They already shoot very precise and can predict where a unit is heading and hit the enemy unit (if not ZIGzagging) on the move.
rxnnxs
Priest

Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: rxnnxs

Postby Ze_PilOt » 25 Feb 2013, 13:25

It's already the case. The minimal range was increased recently actually.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby dstojkov » 25 Feb 2013, 23:16

the real problem with arti s that they use the script for the bomber projectiles :shock: pls bring back the old mechanism it was good like it was until 3599 not sure but i think i was also until 3603
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Ze_PilOt » 25 Feb 2013, 23:33

?
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Ze_PilOt » 26 Feb 2013, 00:15

Ok, I spend 10 min checking, and the verdict is that dstojkov can't read a lua script correctly and just made me lose my time.

"the fact that the unit is more dodgeable in 3599" is actually a placebo effect as he think that 3599 is so much better.

Actually, in 36xx, compared to 3599, the turret yaw speed was decreased and the minimal range increased, two nerf making it actually more easy to dodge.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Crunchy » 26 Feb 2013, 08:50

Gyle wrote:The bottom line is that at the very least the zthuee needs a nerf. Its mobility coupled with its dps makes it too formidable. Personally I would like all dps values adjusted down a little except perhaps the medusa.

Artilary works pretty well as it is. I wouldn't mind if making them deployable was tried. We can always revert if it turns out to be an awful idea.
But either way I agree with Gyle, the zthuee is very powerful, and can add so much DPS to a naval army that no other faction can match for such a low price.

I'd like to see them become swimming units instead of hover units, so that they can go through water just as they used to, with the exception that they can be targeted by torpedos.
When making balance changes its normally best to tweak something just a little. They'd still be able to go where and shoot as they used to, but it would allow them to be countered much more effectively by the other factions without having to use so many more resources than the phim player is using.

Thoughts on that?
Crunchy

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Crunchy

Postby Ze_PilOt » 26 Feb 2013, 09:22

You can kill an infinite amount of fobos with some frigates (more than 10 times less the mass invested in fobos with no losses). So no, it does not make extraordinary damages to naval.
The second less effective unit on water is the aurora. At least they will manage to kill a frigate or two and have some uses against T2.

Also, T1 bombers rape them (bombs are around 200 damages, a fobo is 170 hp), and later T2 air (bombers or gunship) massacre them.

They are easy to dodge, but actually people use the bad tactic : You should not try to kite them. You should run into them, even with auroras, the reasons are :

- They can't fire on close range.
- The turret can't rotate very fast.
- They are very bad at changing directory constantly to stay away of your forces.

Once you've know and tried that, you will find fobos incredibility easy to kill. They cost 20 mass more than any other arty.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Nombringer » 26 Feb 2013, 10:09

I completely agree that a change needs to be made to t1 arty, however I'm not sure this is the right one. Its also indirectly buffs Aeon arty and nerfs cybran, who's arty is more focused on Unit-Unit combat.

However that said I am completely unable to think up an adaquate solution myself am I commend you for putting such a radical change out there.

I will support this however, as feel like something needs to be done.
BC_Blackheart: i just copy his shit and do it 5% better leads to easy win usually xD

Need help? Are you a new player? Feel free to message me any time in the lobby :) Lessons may cost a portoin of your soul.... (Noms are included but not guaranteed)
Nombringer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 210 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: Nombringer

Postby Kryo » 26 Feb 2013, 10:16

t1 artillyer deployable actually makes them less maneuverable, but in a way, that totally sucks for controlling t1 armies.

Give them less traverse speed and less turret traverse speed.
Kryo
Evaluator

FAF User Name: Kryo

Postby Rediska » 26 Feb 2013, 12:57

Im really against this.
There is enough position-wars in mid-late game.
I adore FA.
But I have all the right to hate it because I cant really play any other RTS anymore because of it. They looks like small boring sandboxes without sense. Thank you genious Chris Taylor!
Rediska
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: RedIS_ska

PreviousNext

Return to Patch 3622