SCUs nerf.

IMPORTANT FOR VOTE Re: SCUs nerf.

Postby rxnnxs » 22 Feb 2013, 00:20

The voting has started and I already voted.

There are nice options BUT you can just vote (if you are FOR a NERF) for a time limit where the SCU can not build AND NOT move!
Did I understand that correct? I did here an "unsure" tick, because if someone would ever do a teleport, he should be able to move right on the sport or did I missunderstand something?
rxnnxs
Priest

Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: rxnnxs

Re: SCUs nerf.

Postby Ze_PilOt » 22 Feb 2013, 00:29

Re-read the poll survey intro. These are just proposal, then it goes through a month-length of testing.

It's more a "opinion" survey that a "it will make it to a patch for sure" survey.

Maybe it will freeze, maybe it will not, maybe there will be a max range for teleporting, no door is closed, but I don't want to multiply the options for nothing.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby lapantouflemagic » 25 Feb 2013, 00:39

wow, i learned a lot of things reading this topic, i didn't know people used this kind of (lame-ass) techniques ^_^

i see a lot of solutions have been proposed, but in my opinion the simplest way to fix that is to implement a teleportation disruptor of something.
you can invent a new building, but if you're as lazy as me, you could just add this function to the T2/T3 radar, everyone has one in his base independently of the faction.

the cooldown after teleportation is also an acceptable solution, but once you have an enemy SACU in your base, aren't you screwed when you blow it up anyway ?

concerning its health underwater, well, i don't know.
lapantouflemagic
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: lapantouflemagic

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 25 Feb 2013, 17:30

Again, read the cost description of teleportation and the cost of the intended target.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Ze_PilOt » 25 Feb 2013, 17:36

Maybe it's so obvious that I will sound stupid but : You can also teleport to snipe the Nuke Launcher.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby prodromos » 17 Mar 2013, 05:16

The scus will probably be nerfed, as most people want, but..
It is not right, because the scus are exactly meant to be disruptive in endgame and they should be healthy enough
to do so.
It is not lame to cause you a heart attack, if they attack you in ways "unexpected" after more than 30 min gameplay.
Lame is to build an obscene amount of static defenses and rot like Jabba the hutt behind them laughing as obscene amounts
Of military is wasted before your gates. Then build nukes, with an untouchable economy and think you are a boss.
Sorry, but I have seen this happening in supreme commander 2 and it is NOT epic, but indeed a very lame situation.
If you want to play a bit sleepy then admit it and play no teleport games, there's nothing wrong with this if it's fun to you.
As for harms, I think it is NOT overpowered, but too much UEF ish for Cybrans. If it could be nerfed in exchange for more
Powerful battleships, I would like to see this happening.
prodromos

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby pip » 17 Mar 2013, 12:57

After some tests, I don't think Cybran SCU needs real nerf like HP nerf. They really need the extra HP because they are the only SCU that cannot boost their HP with a "cheap" upgrade (shield). Their only way to get more HP is through invisibility upgrade, and it's very, very expensive.
Cybran SCU underwater don't kill your fleet, HARMs do, so it's better to solve the real balance problem instead of altering a unit that has many more roles than just HARMS creeping on Setons.

As for Sera SCU teleporting ability, it's really strong, but it's really expensive. What is the status of the "freeze idea", so that they can't react for 5 or 10 seconds on arrival? Imo, it's not necessary, because if the opponent has half a brain, if he spots a "Seraphim Quantum Gateway", one of the biggest structures in the game, he should say to himself : "there is a high probability of a tele snipe, let's prepare a welcome party".
Last edited by pip on 17 Mar 2013, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Ze_PilOt » 17 Mar 2013, 12:58

Storage damage is reduced, and non-existent if you ctrl-k it, should be enough.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Previous

Return to Patch 3622